Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Get permission first!!!!!!   haha >

Get permission first!!!!!! haha

Notices

Get permission first!!!!!! haha

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a boat, but last week I sold a WS6 Trans Am to a guy when he got it home his wife said get this thing out of here so I ended up with the car back hahaha so glad Im not married
Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Well, we always talk about it before I even start talking $$ with the present owner...
My motto is "Happy Wife, Happy Life" ...
Old 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I bought my boat & didn't even discuss it with my, now ex-wife. Even had her fooled into thinking we were really going to Iowa in the truck to help her sister move back to Kansas.
More men need to grow a pair & just make sh!t happen.
So Jason, what'd you name that boat anyways? LMFAO
Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hers
Old 01-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I know this all too well.. I can't count the "Deals" that I have had go bad because of a buyers wife…They rarely admit it, but I can see through the excuses… When "grandmother died" its either a money or wife issue…

I put a 400 Formula up in the OSO classifieds awhile back…. I mentioned asking the wife right in the ad… Calls have been slow...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55309-en.html
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation

Last edited by Tim G.; 01-17-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way I would be asking anyone anything is if they were putting up their cash to help the purchase. It must suck earning your own money and having someone else lay claim to it. I hate tire kickers and wannabes. If I am crawling around looking at every detail, you can bet I have the cash to make the deal.

Why waste your time otherwise? The buyers time is just as valuable as the sellers. What really chaps my butt is people who call and try to lower the price before they even lay eyes on anything. I tell them, lay the money on the table and we will find out what it takes. People who talk you down over the phone plan on offering even less when they show up.

I can see these controlling women in my mind. They are the ones who scream "slow down". If you think about it, there really is no reason to get a bigger faster boat with a wife like that.

Looking at stuff you cannot afford or are not allowed to buy is stupid.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Rule #1 in sales - Make sure you are talking to the decision maker.

Why do you think that when you look at time shares - both husband and wife have to be present?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

NO wife Happy Life
Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
NO wife Happy Life
AMEN!!!! marriage is grand, divorce is 200 grand!! Being divorced I now have A GF who THINKS she can control me and tell me what to do , its comical , I buy or do whatever I want to that is within my financial means and she thinks she needs to give me motherly advice , thinks she needs to get pizzed when I buy toys and I just laugh at her, get in my truck and say CYA later, I couldn't POSSIBLY imagine being married to someone who automatically says no way on everything you want to do (MY ex did NOT) but I have buddies who have to BEG to even leave house for 4 hours let alone buy anything. I actually put 3500$ inrace parts in a good friends 69 GTO and took 30-50 dollar payments here and there because no way his wife would let him do it even though they have the means. It was the same guys wife who would not let him leave for 4 hours to go to the race track so we went WITH his car but WITHOUT him!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Since i'm happy with my wife of twenty years ,I gotta say It depends on who you are married to..
Originally Posted by articfriends
AMEN!!!! marriage is grand, divorce is 200 grand!! Being divorced I now have A GF who THINKS she can control me and tell me what to do , its comical , I buy or do whatever I want to that is within my financial means and she thinks she needs to give me motherly advice , thinks she needs to get pizzed when I buy toys and I just laugh at her, get in my truck and say CYA later, I couldn't POSSIBLY imagine being married to someone who automatically says no way on everything you want to do (MY ex did NOT) but I have buddies who have to BEG to even leave house for 4 hours let alone buy anything. I actually put 3500$ inrace parts in a good friends 69 GTO and took 30-50 dollar payments here and there because no way his wife would let him do it even though they have the means. It was the same guys wife who would not let him leave for 4 hours to go to the race track so we went WITH his car but WITHOUT him!!!

Last edited by motor; 01-17-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.