Notices

Bayliner vs Apache

Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I gotta tell you all that when the Wife and I decided to get a plan B beach boat, we did go to our local BL dealer, while on the boat with the young salesman, I lifted out a wooden base from a storage bin to get a look at where they put the battery, yes a foot or so below the bottom of an existing bin that was 2 feet deep. Imagine trying to connect the leads or change the battery.

Of course this exposed the chopped glass hull, and the peeling paint they coated the inside of the hull with, and the storage bin bottom was particle board, poorly painted. All the brackets holding the seating and structure together were simple hardware store aluminum angle with single wood screw in each side. Now for the good part. They wanted as much for an 18.5 ft with a Merc 150 as a Key West 20 ft with a Yam 150. We were both laughing after pulling out of the parking lot. Could not believe they were still following the same build in a 2013 boat.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
We have a [ATTACH=CONFIG]517071[/ATTACH]Top notch safety crew out watching us test
Oh, my! I have seen rental boats like that (note the fender still hanging on the side) at LOTO bound for Party Cove!

Bringing the Miss Geico Babeliner to the Shootout?

Seriously, the good part about Bayliner is that they have brought allot of people into boating that would not have otherwise.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bayliner is offering a Don Aronow Edition. It comes equipped with the Mistress pork chamber and a lifetime supply of Trojans (all marked X-Large in bold letters, Neon at extra cost). Nothing comes close to these new Bayliners. No words can express the quality, innovation, and sea keeping abilities. Bayliner hired a retired NASA Composite Engineer to develop their newest layup schedule. The fastest deep Vee builders are studying the new Bayliner bottom design and amazed at how far ahead BL is..Reggie ordered a custom one with the bow shortened, and melted down some of his less expensive 18k jewelry to forge an anchor. Mercury Racing developed the new SSMX drive to complement the hulls super fast profile. Arneson Surface drives (in an unprecedented move) raised the x dimension so high the propellor is out of the water and actually blows the BL forward at tremendous speed! Sy Goldberg is offering free insurance for the first 5 years for the over 200mph model. The first 25 hulls will be christened by the Queen of England and other Global Royalty each with a bottle of Shipwrecked 1907 Heidseick. There are videos circulating of the top Cat builders learning how to improve their cat hulls from the BL!! Just Wow! Apache Who?

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-24-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apache's are nothing more than a splashed and tweaked Bayliner. Save your money and buy the real deal, Bayliner all the way!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree, This is more a spoof on there lack of performance, My family had one when we were young and I have many great memories. I may need to get our new public relations girl Flo, to spin this story [ATTACH=CONFIG]517072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Bayliner vs Apache-flo.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My best boating buddy (other than my wife) had a Bayliner Capri sequential lift hull 20ft. We used that boat in saltwater for 15 years until it literally rotted the floor out from under us. But it did take 15 years!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coolerman
I really like the cabin space of the Bayliner, but I have heard that the Apaches are good when the lake starts kickin up some pretty big waves, like 2-3 footers. I have heard that used Apache's are generally overpriced and have a lot of rot? The Bayliner seems like a much more efficient running surface, with a nicer fit and finish to.

Any other opinions or thoughts?

You put Bayliner and Apache in the same sentence, careful the Apache Gods might strike you down.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are so tunnel visioned it's disturbing

My slip neighbor has a Cig, always piddling on it. Drives, motors, what ever.
Other slip neighbor has a Bayliner cruiser, turn key go

Go to a boat gathering and observe.
The fancy painted boats with load exhaust, costing 100x more, whats the 1st thing they do? They open the engine hatch to double check all the connections, then fire it up and let it warm up for several minutes. That is IF they will start.
Bayliner.....they get in, start it up, pull away.

Watch the old races.... fancy boats with loud exhaust, they have driver,navigator, throttle man, and some times a mechanic
Watch the Bayliners going down the lake.... just the driver with his wife, kids and tubes

Fuel consumption, big difference there!

For cold hard facts, (not some internet fluff stuff) research OSO's tech section for rotten transom/stringer replacements. All posted by Cigarette, Baja, fountain,Formula, Wellcraft, etc
Bayliner.....nope! Not a single transom replacement

Price....fancy crayon colored loud boats/vs Bayliner ....multiple times more than Bayliners
And keep in mind the number of Bayliners probably out number the total number of all the 'fancy smantchy' brands together, and still are more reliable.

So you gotta ask yourself, who are the smart ones? Maybe the #1 decal got put on wrong brand by accident?
Go hug a Bayliner owner today, you'll feel better.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-24-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
We have a [ATTACH=CONFIG]517071[/ATTACH]Top notch safety crew out watching us test
I count 17 people on that boat! Looks like 1 just behind the guy with his arm up. I'm sure there are 17 life jackets plus throw-able on board.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Bayliner

Pros - sometimes they float.

Con - sometimes they float.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.