Notices

Pro charger

Old 01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulitz
i am re considering buying the prochrager with all these mods all you told me to do .............. what can i do to upgrade it a bit just not to leave it bone stock this motor?
from what i heared the problem with the 502mpi is the air intake and inlet runner . has anyone did somthing to this ? what about a custom plenium ?
[IMG]intakedouble.jpg[/IMG]
One thing that I forgot to mention. No matter which way you go, some of the mods will need to be done anyway. Depending on the power, and if you keep the Mag intake, you may still need the fuel rail mods, the filter head, the tank pickup, etc. All of your current parts were made to support a 415 hp engine. Now, you want to make 600 hp or possibly more, so a lot of those parts aren't up to the task.

I would be glad to help you in any way I can. You can reach me anytime @ 615-216-7449.
Eddie
Old 01-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On racing junk last week there was a f2 for big block with all brackets 3100 brand new I thought that was a good deal . I'm not a master but I think all you would need is the air to water box. Or whatever in the marine industry calls them. When I ran an f1 we called it air to water and had a fuel cell in back with ice water and aero motive street pump to move the water. Steve matusek is awesome to deal with he owns aeromotive. I grew up in Merriam Kansas and them and ati ie procharger go hand and hand.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered

Can I buy a program for the ECM from someone with the same stock setup of a pro charger M1 kit ?
You have to send it out to get it done, or buy all the crap that you have to use to tune the POS Merc ECU. I dont know a whole lot about them, we run a MegaSquirt ECM in the Checkmate and I tune it using that...so much better.

We arent trying to tell you not to do it, but its heartbreaking to see people spend a bunch of money on a kit, follow the garbage instructions and go out and melt their **** down the first weekend.

It all comes down to the old saying "Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?"

and

-Good
-Fast
-Cheap

You get to pick 2.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eliminatorshane
On racing junk last week there was a f2 for big block with all brackets 3100 brand new I thought that was a good deal . I'm not a master but I think all you would need is the air to water box. Or whatever in the marine industry calls them. When I ran an f1 we called it air to water and had a fuel cell in back with ice water and aero motive street pump to move the water. Steve matusek is awesome to deal with he owns aeromotive. I grew up in Merriam Kansas and them and ati ie procharger go hand and hand.
I dont think you can buy a race blower like that and use it on the boat unless they sell the mounting bracket/plate seperately for a marine application. A car plate wont have the correct holes/mounting locations and spacers/bolts for the accessories on the front of the motor.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

There is NO free lunch and with procharger your paying more for the atmosphere then the food 2c
Old 02-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie,
First of all thank you for your help, if it wasnt for you i whould have trashed this idea.
I decided to go for the procharger kit that pier57 have which comes complete with fuel lines, pump , filter , programed ecm and headers . The problem is that i live in malta europe a very small island , and here we dont have a dyno for an engine only, we only have rolling roads dyno's for cars. So its imposible to setup engine.
When i raced bikes i used to Powercomander auto-tune, with this you make a run you plug it your computer and it will give you corrections you need to do to your ECM.
Is there somthing like this avalible in the market ?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, check out the Holley HP EFI system.... check out this thread-

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-everyone.html
Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Eddie,
First of all thank you for your help, if it wasnt for you i whould have trashed this idea.
I decided to go for the procharger kit that pier57 have which comes complete with fuel lines, pump , filter , programed ecm and headers . The problem is that i live in malta europe a very small island , and here we dont have a dyno for an engine only, we only have rolling roads dyno's for cars. So its imposible to setup engine.
When i raced bikes i used to Powercomander auto-tune, with this you make a run you plug it your computer and it will give you corrections you need to do to your ECM.
Is there somthing like this avalible in the market ?
Yes, by the same guys that make the power commander. http://www.dynojetcmd.com/
Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys i opened a new thread on the Dynojet ! As if its good for my procharger project i get it too
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Registered

Guys i opened a new thread on the Dynojet ! As if its good for my procharger project i get it too
bulitz

i talked with keith at dyno jet for 1/2 hr today about their piggy back systems and they seem real good. you must buy a 2 bar map the cable and a dattalogger/02 sensor to fine tune your afr. it will cost you over 1100 when your done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.