Help: Sunsation 36' MCOB Vs. Cigarette 38 TS >

Help: Sunsation 36' MCOB Vs. Cigarette 38 TS

Notices

Help: Sunsation 36' MCOB Vs. Cigarette 38 TS

Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
repo/surrender...what’s the difference? regardless you should be embarrassed (not bragging) that you didn’t have the money to pay off the loan.

Lately I’ve been staying out of topics like this but it chaps my ass when dip****s like you don’t pony up...it effects everyone’s finance rates and insurance. not cool. I’ll say it again, you should be embarrassed.
1. How many boat companies have defaulted? Fountain/Baja/Donzi went hundreds of millions in default, Cig was a wreck in the late 90's, OL had it's issues even before the passing of both owners. Yet they are still around looking to sell new boats today! How many dealers (Passport Marine, Hideway Marina) screwed lenders and individuals for millions? How many shady brokers have had deals go sideways and still sell here on OSO? But hey that must be just business right?

2. How many Cardshark deals happened? How many well known industry professionals paid huge fines to stay out of jail? But that must be ok too?

3. Banks are in business to loan money and their interest is what they collect for the risk. Defaults are certainly factored into their business model. Trump certainly doesn't feel bad for them after defaulting on billions and he even got to be President!

So no, not embarrassed for looking at my options and taking the best one for me and my family at the time. Certain assets are legally protected, certain ones like boats are not. While it was unfortunate, in the end the boat ended up in Galveston with a new owner who was thrilled to buy it. I even sent him all the paperwork for the boat knowing it would likely end up in the trash long before the final owner took possession.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
1. How many boat companies have defaulted? Fountain/Baja/Donzi went hundreds of millions in default, Cig was a wreck in the late 90's, OL had it's issues even before the passing of both owners. Yet they are still around looking to sell new boats today! How many dealers (Passport Marine, Hideway Marina) screwed lenders and individuals for millions? How many shady brokers have had deals go sideways and still sell here on OSO? But hey that must be just business right?

2. How many Cardshark deals happened? How many well known industry professionals paid huge fines to stay out of jail? But that must be ok too?

3. Banks are in business to loan money and their interest is what they collect for the risk. Defaults are certainly factored into their business model. Trump certainly doesn't feel bad for them after defaulting on billions and he even got to be President!

So no, not embarrassed for looking at my options and taking the best one for me and my family at the time. Certain assets are legally protected, certain ones like boats are not. While it was unfortunate, in the end the boat ended up in Galveston with a new owner who was thrilled to buy it. I even sent him all the paperwork for the boat knowing it would likely end up in the trash long before the final owner took possession.
honestly didn’t waste my time reading your response...already know what I need to know...
Old 05-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Well this one has gone awry!

I am a fan of both makes and would be very happy and blessed to own either one some day. I think the Sunsations have very cool and unique features, the cockpit and dash layout for example. The 36 is unique in itself as there aren’t very many around. Cigarettes will cost a premium because I’m told those 1s are expensive to paint and embroider, nothing to do with the history or building them about as best you can....

If a 39 unlimited is in the cards that’d be my vote.

Note: large amounts of sarcasm have been utilized in this post.