Notices

Desert Storm changes..

Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I think that if it was rough open ocean, none of these boats would be doing these crazy speeds and the blow over problem would be solved. How many blow overs have you seen on open ocean poker runs vs inland?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Some of the statements on this site lately have been deplorable; including this thread.

Originally Posted by low_psi
I don't think it is an over reaction to "one incident" as it is a preventative measure to prevent further accidents.
I agree 1000% with low_psi.

It's not "one damn stupid accident" as mentioned above.

There have been dozens; some with horseshoe-up-their-ass-lucky results...
...and some with grave consequences.

God forbid someone takes the initiative to start policing ourselves. I've been to the Desert Storm Poker Run, and it could use some safety implementations.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God forbid someone takes the initiative to start policing ourselves. I've been to the Desert Storm Poker Run, and it could use some safety implementations.[/QUOTE]

I agree! Desert Storm the realities are a lot of very fast boats on a relatively small , narrow, lake... Then add non participant boats whom may, or may not, know an event is taking place, just too busy for me....

We would love to attend Desert Storm but frankly the event is too busy for us on such a small venue like Havasu. My wife and I prefer a more casual, easy going atmosphere so we are passing on Desert Storm, will wait for Monster Bash which has far fewer participant and non participant boats on the water....
Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmmmm............seems like some posts are missing. LOL Make note......do not discuss important issues about performance boating on a performance boating discussion board. What a joke.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I think that if it was rough open ocean, none of these boats would be doing these crazy speeds and the blow over problem would be solved. How many blow overs have you seen on open ocean poker runs vs inland?
No dog in this fight, but this one was on the ocean.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lman-dead.html
Old 02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
No dog in this fight, but this one was on the ocean.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lman-dead.html
That was an actual race.......not a Poker Run Race.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Some of the statements on this site lately have been deplorable; including this thread.

I agree 1000% with low_psi.

It's not "one damn stupid accident" as mentioned above.

There have been dozens; some with horseshoe-up-their-ass-lucky results...
...and some with grave consequences.

God forbid someone takes the initiative to start policing ourselves. I've been to the Desert Storm Poker Run, and it could use some safety implementations.

Brian and low psi,

I make my living from this industry which WE all love and I couldn't agree more!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
paul,its statements like this that cause people to pick on you,you do not own a cat nor do you have experiance driving one and not all cats require the same trim angles.do you really think trim angle causes accidents in cats?
Mike...you do not have a clue as to what I use to own or what I have been in or driven so why dont you take your "KNOW-IT-ALL GOSPEL ATTITUDE" with my life and stick it somewhere. The real fact is, is that YOU dont know squat about me, so you fabricate crap...a semi polite way of saying that you LIE...to make yourself look like you are in the know, when so many people here can figure it out themselves that you dont know anuthing about me. You are nothing more than a trouble maker for so many and you blurt out crap like you know everything about me or someone else, when in FACT...you know nothing. Now if you think the trim angle doesnt effect a cat as to how high the nose is, then perhaps you should go back to school. It is a simple FACT...pack too much air under a cat and it becomes an airplane that almost always comes back down as a crash.

Now we can play nice-nice or not...it's your decision, but the powers that be here have seen that I do not provide stupid comments at you like you do to so many others besides me...something that you might want to keep in mind. If I agree with something that you say...I might say so, but if I dont, I have come to ignor you and your comment.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
That was an actual race.......not a Poker Run Race.
I dont know about the rest of you guys, but every poker run I have been involved in has turned into a race...regardless of what the rules are suppose to be. I dont have a Mac 1 boat so I dont worry about it too much...I just try to stay out of everyone elses way as I dont care if I am first or last.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

It's getting harder and harder to get runs insured. Boat wreck, fights, slip and falls etc. Boat wrecks are typically carelessness ,lack of brain and SPEED , fights testosterone and drinking, slip and falls some dirt bag sue happy person. All this adds up when calms are made. It goes up so hand price goes and and rules are made. It's a headache.

Slow down, leave your ego at your house and don't come looking for free money. It will be the end of poker runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.