Notices

Acceleration

Old 02-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
Here you go boys,

Not quite as fast but take a ride with my buddy in his nitro funny car, to bad they don't have the cubic money it takes to make all the events. You'll see many local racers competing against the sponsored teams that chase the points circuit nationally. Seldomly do they win a Wally but at many events they help fill the field of competitors to make the eliminations possible on Sunday.
You want a real good time go on Friday evening, hopefully before time change and catch them running after dark, it's UNREAL !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JhxkG7AxcA
See ya,
Kelly

Plug in Kenny Hubbard into you tube search and check out some of his new and old race car videos.
Look for the no wheely bars 8.1/2" tires Nova and the old supercharged alcohol Monte Carlo riding on a modified factory frame in the "run what you brung class" 1/8th mile races.
In one race he carried the wheely on the Nove all the way to the finish and got the win light
That's awesome! What's the guy spraying into the butterflies?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
That's awesome! What's the guy spraying into the butterflies?
Unfortunately I have no idea, LOL!!!
In his shop behind the house they'll shoot fuel in them immediately before start up to avoid lean A/F
You should hear how loud the superchrged exotic fueled engines are inside of a metal building, you'd think it was WW3 with the explosive sound of straight exhaust pipes.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll be at the Chicago race in June. Been going to the strip since I was 7 years old. I love it.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

In an alcohol car they are spraying de-icer so the butterflies don't freeze closed, in regards to what they are shooting into a nitro car prior to starting it is most likely alcohol or gas to help get the motor fired.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Sutphen606
In an alcohol car they are spraying de-icer so the butterflies don't freeze closed, in regards to what they are shooting into a nitro car prior to starting it is most likely alcohol or gas to help get the motor fired.
Thanks. Never would have thought of that. I knew prior to starting they'd spray nitro but on the line like that really had me stumped!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

That's what I call havin some real kahuna's to drive that thing!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

I've been to the NHRA nationals a few time in Indianapolis and my god those are some bad a$$ machines. Nothing like the burn in your eyes from the nitro and the bone rattling vibrations these monsters put out. If you are a horsepower junkie and have never been do yourself a favor and go check it out.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JWay
I've been to the NHRA nationals a few time in Indianapolis and my god those are some bad a$$ machines
Going to the Indy Nationals is a wish list race for me to attend.
You'll see the deepest fields in all classes of qualifying races.
Unfortunately due to how many stops that there are now the promotors occasionally have a hard time at some events to completely fill the grids for the Eliminations on Sunday.
I'd bet that during the Fri/Sat quailifiers at Indy you'll see 15 heads up races in Top Fuel and Funny Car and probably 20+ in the Pro Stock cars. Only 16 make it, many racers will not make the Sunday show. That area of the country has lots and lots of race teams which just compete locally year round waiting for the Nationals to come to town

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Used to go to Indy a lot, loved the Friday night runs.

And there is nothing like it in the Pitts when they fire one of those and blip the throttle what a rush!

I used to be able to here them from my old house,,,,,,, just wild.