Notices

Why Center Console's???

Old 02-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by fastoys
C.c are for fishing. Not enough safe seating to run fast. Btw that canvas looks retarted! I dont see the hype and $ they get fot a bathtub with 2 outbords! Crazy $ 300 k for a c.c? Not me! Good for transportation but no cool or wow factor.
Safe seating.....really?

Last I checked the rear bench in my boat looks like the rear seat in most all our boats, including CC benches.. Also most companies make front driver bolsters now too.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 02-19-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when you run hard in big water in your boat im sure like everybody else your crew is standing. Thy that in a c.c. been there and its no fun!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered

So when you run hard in big water in your boat im sure like everybody else your crew is standing. Thy that in a c.c. been there and its no fun!

If you had front bolsters like on a lot of new ones I think it is in line with what our current boats have been using for years.

Last time I was in rough I has 7 on board . Me, passenger, and pass seat all standing and 4 wedged in the rear seat sitting.

I do get what you are saying but the CC is not unsafe just not as comfortable in rough for doing a Poker run or something like that.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Cant justify the money for what your getting. To each his own!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

Cant justify the money for what your getting. To each his own!
Different style and wants out of the boat I guess is the deal breaker or maker for most I think.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Get back with me in the next year or two when the market is flooded with bling-bling CCs. I live in south Florida. Do you think these things were just invented? Basically they are fishing boats.
No, they weren't invented yesterday, I just saw a listing for a late 90's AT Performance Fish 31', so I know they date back at least that far....
And here I was, thinking to myself, if I just had that boat, I could be a member of the cult AND score points with my father-in-law when the salmon start hitting off Grand Haven. My dream is crushed. Lol
Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Yup.

We hit the island every time we go out. The boat is a ***** to get in and out around most of them. Already hit/rubbed ground twice and had to trim wayyyyyy up to get back into deepenough water

All while the CC's looked on at us with drinks in hand already there and having fun.
I'm tired of watching my temp gauge every time we get close to the beaches or in the shallows, my Formula weighs over 10K lbs dry and the outdrives won't trim good enough so as not to worry about getting stuck, I've never had paint off the bottom of my skags, well I do now since we've been boating down here.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its what i would have if i were near the beach! Killer seating, speed, fuel consumption. Alot of positives with these, just like my bowrider. Nice to have when alot of people want to go out. So many options now too!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep...works for me. No upholstery, quick to clean, my Lab tags along, plenty of room.... for us, tubes/skis,, easy anchoring, easy to fish (not me so much but daughter), bad back has me standing, I prefer to stand regardless....sitting is overrated...
Outboard??? And what is this "Bling" so many speak of?...
To each his own.....

Last edited by High Cetane; 02-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm helping dad put a 30 scarab sport back together. Twin 300 hpdi's. boat should run good. However dad loves to fish. The boat will no doubt be fun. It is a fishing boat though.

Also when it comes to beaches I always anchor out. I like being in the water so 3 foot or so at my stern is good by me. Put cooler on swim platform and hang out chest deep. I've never been a big fan of beaching the boat unless I'm in sugar sand. I also don't need to take 15 people out with me.

To each his own and what they want. CC's are nice boats just not for me. I will use dads scarab until I get the fountain but I love being on the water that much. However I can't wait to get my fountain!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.