Notices

Why Center Console's???

Old 02-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
When did we start defining an OFFSHORE boat by speed? We all have different needs and a CC fits a lot of people, just look at the sales. CCs can be very capable, but I cant see crushing waves with 7 or 8 people onboard.

Happens once a month in the winter on every FMO run.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I'm not trying to convince anyone about anything, it's facts, they're cheaper to maintain, insure, run (fuel) easier to clean and more functional when boating in salt and around beaches, when you boat every weekend of the year in Florida conditions it's the best boat, that's JMO.

Now if I still boated for four months of the year in fresh water when I lived at LOTO I wouldn't think about one, my neighbor down here has a CC and he spend half to money on his CC and half the time cleaning his than I do my Formula, seems a easy answer to me.

No one is asking anyone to get a CC, it's a personal decision, but why bash people who feel it fits their boating lifestyle, I never get that, (to each his own)

Well said and I love the last comment/question. I would say most are just misinformed or just don't know/understand as they do not live in this type of area.

It's all fun though and at the end of the day the people who HATE these CC's so much are still dockside with everyone having a beer and asking questions about them.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 02-20-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Jim please don't think I'm bashing. I'm just having fun. I love boats. Used to own a bowrider. Like I said helping dad finish up the scarab sport and will use the chit out of it until I can make my next purchase. Lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1,334 Likes on 744 Posts

I don't see asking questions as bashing.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1,334 Likes on 744 Posts

Oh just to be clear, as for boating down here I don't have the time anymore, becuase of the low Florida wages all I have time to do is work.

So for me I just like reading about everyone else's fun, if I ever get our boat back togather it will be on the market right after the sea trial,,,,,,,,,,,, in St Johns river so I can say its a fresh water boat. Lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I don't see asking questions as bashing.
Wildman, come on, how about the old man comments and comparing them to pontoons,...................... my bad, not bashing, just colorful descriptive then, how's that.................lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
What brands will run 70mph?
Last fall, I went for a ride in the Sunsation 34 w/trip 300's. It ran 75.5 gps. The boat has a ton of room outside and a VERY large center cabin that you could easily spend the night. I was impressed and figured it would be a great boat for my home lake if I wanted to leave it in a slip (10' wide). I'm mixed on the whole CC idea but really can't rule one out for some point in my life... Someone already mentioned they are easier to finance but I believe they are easier to insure as well.

Last edited by Scagburner; 02-20-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Jim please don't think I'm bashing. I'm just having fun. I love boats. Used to own a bowrider. Like I said helping dad finish up the scarab sport and will use the chit out of it until I can make my next purchase. Lol
I know Mike, you're like me, you just want to get on the water, my biggest thing is not getting close to the beaches without tearing up the outdrives and we want to enjoy the beaches and as much as we use the boat it seems I'm at the gas dock as much as my own dock and when I talk to the CCs and they tell me how much fuel they use (or don't use) it's shocks me.

Here's something novel, if you don't want or like CCs don't get one...................lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Last fall, I went for a ride in the Sunsation 34 w/trip 300's. It ran 75.5 gps. The boat has a ton of room outside and a VERY large center cabin that you could easily spend the night. I was impressed and figured it would be a great boat for my home lake it i wanted to leave it in a slip (10' wide). I'm mixed on the whole CC idea but really can't rule one out for some point in my life... Someone already mentioned they are easier to finance but I believe they are easier to insure as well.
When I spoke with Sy a while back he quoted me close to half of what I'm paying for my Formula down here with no lay-up.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I know Mike, you're like me, you just want to get on the water, my biggest thing is not getting close to the beaches without tearing up the outdrives and we want to enjoy the beaches and as much as we use the boat it seems I'm at the gas dock as much as my own dock and when I talk to the CCs and they tell me how much fuel they use (or don't use) it's shocks me.

Here's something novel, if you don't want or like CCs don't get one...................lol
I agree with that and I did throw out the first old man comment. All in fun though.

Ya gotta love what ya have or it ain't worth having.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.