Notices

WaterProof Boombox

Old 02-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Thinking the 4-c batteries can't sound very good or loud.

I actually have a portable sounddock by Bose that sounds awesome. It plays loud for about 4 hrs plus I have a 2nd battery just in case! Has a remote, bought a Bluetooth adapter so I don't have to leave my phone on it in the sun.

Set it on the deck or just behind windscreen.. Sounds great.. Lil pricy but it's bose :-)

Oh and engines start right up!

That boombox is pretty cool though.. Can float with ya!
How much did that run ya if you dont mind me asking? Bose to me means at the very least decent build and sound quality. Really doesnt need to be water proof....just going to sit on the dashboard lol
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
If it was bigger id be all about it...but I think I need more......oomph
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

^^^^ I agree looked much bigger in the pictures.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Whats that Dave???

(thats (10) D batteries)
Just when I thought your post could not get any better!!

Good luck topping this!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the new Infinity One. It plays pretty loud and has a super large rechargeable battery. Its in a ceramic coated aluminum case that will take a beating.

I am the one that makes the portable large speaker that runs for a couple days at crazy loud levels. It's too big to fit in your race boat. It's got a 15" woofer and compression driver for mids and highs.

I think the Infinity is what your looking for. Plus it has a USB port to charge your phone. And its Bluetooth.

Mike
Old 02-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Gold Member

What about a dewalt radio, or whoevers battery tools you use? Rechargeable batteries, water resistant, sounds decent, takes a beating, hookups for MP3 players. Kinda seems like it would fit your needs
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
How much did that run ya if you dont mind me asking? Bose to me means at the very least decent build and sound quality. Really doesnt need to be water proof....just going to sit on the dashboard lol
$350 at best buy and $80 for extra battery. ... Looks like they came down to $299 now

Also charges phone, but I found $7 Bluetooth adapter and leave phone inside on counter out of sun. Bag was another $50 too.

Sounds awesome for size, it sounds really good inside!

Last edited by nailit; 02-25-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

I've got one of these http://www.kicker.com/AMPHITHEATER_Bluetooth and run it off a small $25.00 inverter. Plug the inverter into cig lighter or use battery clips The sound is amazing.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I built this a couple years back and works well. Speakers came off ebay, and most everything else I had. Small amp, an RCA input and a fire alarm battery is all it is. I added a sub, which helps the sound, but really you could go smaller and only run the 6's. I've also seen guys do this same setup, but in a small Igloo Cooler. Saves some weight over the MDF. To keep it from falling apart, I put a couple coats of epoxy on it follwed by some rattle can bedliner.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
I built this a couple years back and works well. Speakers came off ebay, and most everything else I had. Small amp, an RCA input and a fire alarm battery is all it is. I added a sub, which helps the sound, but really you could go smaller and only run the 6's. I've also seen guys do this same setup, but in a small Igloo Cooler. Saves some weight over the MDF. To keep it from falling apart, I put a couple coats of epoxy on it follwed by some rattle can bedliner.

Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.