Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm

Notices

Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm

Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar is heading to Desert Storm

My new boat should be ready but I decided to take the Jaguar to the Havasau run at the end of April. Anyone that has ever thought of owning a safe fun cat can contact me for a test ride. Fly into Vegas, rent a car, drive to Havasau and go for a boat ride. Nice way to get out of the northern winter. Motivated seller, I do not need 2 cats. Doug
Old 03-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Whats next Doug? I always liked the Jags.

Bob
Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glwts!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A Talon is the next cat. The Jag was a stretch financially 10 years ago. I was happily surprised that big power could also be reliable power. Not HP 500 reliable but with care, I have had good service between rebuilds. I have been looking for the next one for the last few years but at the end of the season had decided to keep the Jag forever. The Jag is and has been a great solid fun forgiving boat. Funny how things change. I should have pics of the next one soon. Doug
Old 03-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Registered

I love my Talon Doug! The build quality is second to none and is perfect for the 54,000 acre lake I live on. Mine is an 89', not one stress crack anywhere on it, and I run it like a jetski!

Bob
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have had some passenger seat time in the Gone Again Talon and with Rick's recommendation bought the Out of Bounds Talon. I have not driven it but am pretty excited. The Jag is ready and very dependable and the Talon is a very different boat, no cabin and less seating but I expect good things. Doug
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
I have had some passenger seat time in the Gone Again Talon and with Rick's recommendation bought the Out of Bounds Talon. I have not driven it but am pretty excited. The Jag is ready and very dependable and the Talon is a very different boat, no cabin and less seating but I expect good things. Doug
The Nina Ross 37 Talon with trip 280s is avaliable and I would love to have it. I just don't want ,nor can afford two performance cats. much less one with trips. Please keep us posted on your new toy and experience with it. I'm moving to a 30 to 32 outboard cat sometime this season once I get my Talon sold.

Bob
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am hoping for good things. I am heading to Ohio tomorrow to drag it home. I thought my Jag would be a quick sale but it has been a long winter for everyone outside of Florida or California. I perfer the stern drives over the outboards. I understand them a bit more. I will post some pictures of the trip home. Doug
Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Congratulations on the Talon buy. My good friend Steve Neeley built that boat. Very nice boat. Has it been converted from full canopy cockpit or still a full canopy? At the time of that boats build the boat was state of the art from on board regulated air supply to safety engineering. There was a cool write up on the boat in Powerboat Magazine. Steven just could not keep the boat competitive with the constantly changing Supercat rules back then, the boat was built for 850 HP motors and when the rules changed taking the power down it crippled the boat competitively.

I also have a good friend Steve Hiller whom owns a 37 Talon he keeps at Havasu powered by Carson Brummett motors, it will be good to see a few Talons at Havasu this year!

Have fun with the boat, send pictures.

We have decided not to participate in Desert Storm this year, just too busy for us on too confined a lake. We prefer Monster Bash, late in the year and very little congestion on the water.

Last edited by Don Johnson; 03-12-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spent a very small amount of seat time in a 25 talon merc test boat back in the day and immediately fell in love with the boat. and a talon will probably be my next boat in a couple years when I sell the fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.