750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty >

750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Notices

750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Old 03-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

so how do they do this when most builder's are asking almost twice this much ?
anyone no of them ?
is the profit margin that great when these other builder are asking $ 35 to $ 40 k for 750 hp ?
They have a part's list they sound like good part but I don't no much about building a motor ,
So all you motor head's out there please comment and tell me what you think
http://www.westcoastoffshore.ca/BOAT...NTY-P3064.aspx

Thank's
mike
Old 03-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

they all look like the ateco ads on the site

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55893-en.html

under the bbc marine
Old 03-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdos
they all look like the ateco ads on the site

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55893-en.html

under the bbc marine
Maybe they sell these motor's to this other vendor , If you click on link it will bring you to there website with build sheet. If Ateco does build these wha are your thoughts ?

thank's
mike
Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the part

"Naturally aspirated or EFI" . So apparently EFI isn't naturally aspirated anymore? News to me. Maybe they put a whistle tip on it.

But as far as price it does seem cheap. If they're buying parts in bulk they might be making 3,000$ profit after everything? Just my uneducated opinion.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
I love the part

"Naturally aspirated or EFI" . So apparently EFI isn't naturally aspirated anymore? News to me. Maybe they put a whistle tip on it.

But as far as price it does seem cheap. If they're buying parts in bulk they might be making 3,000$ profit after everything? Just my uneducated opinion.

I guess thats why when you see these motor shop's that charge $ 35 to $ 40 k for these motor's thats why the shop is so nice . there making a killing on each motor , I could be wrong I am just going on your guesstimate
Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I mean I see some areas where they have skimped in the build that could easily add up to 3-4,000$. I've had Afew motors built and I've found that once you find a builder that works good for you (which isn't the same for each person) that you stick with that person. There are still Afew good engine builders out there but for every good one there is definitely a bad one.

And for every business there will be that one customer that you cannot make happy even if you did the work for free. You usually don't hear of the 100s of customers that are happy. Just the one that feels slighted (wether justified or not)

Sorry rant over.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just going to a single serpentine belt and pulleys is around 3k alone isn't it?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Registered

i paid 13k for a 800hp 540 from scott shafiroff racing, calles crank dart block and full cnc dart heads, a nice engine, it was an unclaimed engine. i think regular price was around 18,500, the buyer put down his 50% deposit and never picked it up... it is a dynoed engine with full spec build sheet with all clearances ect.

marine places are much more pricey cuz people are paying their prices.,

im talking about n/a single 4bbl hi perf boat engines, not 1500 hp blower stuff cuz car and marine stuff there is worlds apart. i think you can get a better deal from a place that build good car engines. its all the same parts, just minor changes to make it live in a marine environment. see what cranks they are using and other hard parts if its all scatt inexpensive forged stuff take a pass, you can get the good hard part for a single 4bbl 750hp engine in that price range, its easy to make 1.3 to 1.5 hp pr cu in a big n/a bbc motor...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Ad says lunati crank and rods.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
I mean I see some areas where they have skimped in the build that could easily add up to 3-4,000$. I've had Afew motors built and I've found that once you find a builder that works good for you (which isn't the same for each person) that you stick with that person. There are still Afew good engine builders out there but for every good one there is definitely a bad one.

And for every business there will be that one customer that you cannot make happy even if you did the work for free. You usually don't hear of the 100s of customers that are happy. Just the one that feels slighted (wether justified or not)

Sorry rant over.
Abso-friggin-lutely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.