750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty >

750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Notices

750 hp for $ 23 k brand new ??? 2 year warranty

Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Is it unusual for the torque to be higher than hp?
H.P. is nothing more than a mathmatical derivitive of torque based on RPM. Based on your numbers I am assuming you are making a ton of torque well below 3K RPM. Given that your torque curve is so low in the RPM range you will have very low H.P numbers. For example, look at just about any diesel set up. You can see 1000 ft lbs of torque with only 300 HP.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:05 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks. Never showed anyone with any knowledge the dyno sheets. I placed limitations on the build at the time it was done that aren't necessary anymore.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I didn't see this till after my post, so not trying to beat a dead horse with my first paragraph, or any of the rest of it for that matter.. haha..

Later, Scott
That ok you give very good advise , I had Cobra build that motor" 598 ci 750 hp " in my 05 pantera and it was great for a carb, motor I will talk with Randy again about building one EFI now , he is only about a hour from me, I just saw thats add with the nice price so i thought I would find out as much info as I can here on OSO

Thank you
mike
Old 03-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
I always thought that peak torque should be at around 4000 rpm " cruising speed " where should it be at ?
I don't think there is a one size fits all answer. USUALLY peak torque is about 1400 rpm lower than peak hp. On my engine peak torque was at 4700(548lbs) and peak hp was at 5200(509hp). I think this made propping my boat easier as there was a bigger "sweet spot". I tested 4 props back to back and they were all within 1mph of each other but had a 500 rpm difference. As I stated before, I like the hp and tq spread to be closer as long as the torque curve is fat. My engine made 548 lbs at 4700 and 540 at 3600.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Is it unusual for the torque to be higher than hp?
Actually that is very common. As redwhite said hp comes from a mathematical formula. Engines make torque, math makes hp.