After a few drinks it slipped out >

After a few drinks it slipped out

Notices

After a few drinks it slipped out

Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
And we wonder why our economy is in the toilet! Americans think it is OK to buy this crap and put their neighbor out of a job to save a couple bucks! Not in this household. I spend a lot of time looking for products that are made in the USA! It is not as hard as you would think with a little bit of effort.
I'm sure we all try and buy American , but what kind of TV do you have , and stereo and computer, I bet the razor blade's you shave with are made in Asia some where , It is what it is , buy what you can American and everything else who no's where it come's from , Don't be a hater we all have stuff that's made some where else , like it or not

I would also say even thow your boat is built in America I can bet there are parts on your boat built in Asia .
even some of the fiberglass mat can come from there , also gauges , gps , radio , bilge pumps ,ect

Last edited by mikebrls; 04-05-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Will add, the parts you buy to fix & maintain your Mercruiser I/O and Mercury outboard whether they are OEM or aftermarket most of that stuff is made overseas. A lot of it is from an Asian market or Mexico. Some of the parts are bought from the Asian market then put together over here. Like I said some are made that way.

Even American made auto's a lot of that stuff is bought from other countries for materials and parts. For example the Ford Escape - the transmission is from Spain along with parts from Mexico and else where, I think only 35 % of that vehicle can be totally claimed made in the USA and for the parts orgin. We are consumers, not manufacturers anymore.

Last edited by BUP; 04-05-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I think Mike had a few too many when he made this post.. cause it aint happening.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
One of the execs at our company has one of those 80k dollar Hyundai Equus sedans and it is NICE! I don't think them of Kia can be discounted - both have some good looking rides right now. I'm not trading my f350 for them but nevertheless.....
You can buy Equus's in the 60K range.......but they are nice cars as is the Genesis. I rented a Genesis in Canada last year and drove it for a week, nice car and the base motor is 333 hp!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
And we wonder why our economy is in the toilet! Americans think it is OK to buy this crap and put their neighbor out of a job to save a couple bucks! Not in this household. I spend a lot of time looking for products that are made in the USA! It is not as hard as you would think with a little bit of effort.
It is getting hard.....get down to Lowe's, Home Depot and tell me how many "Made in America" labels you find! I looked at tools recently at Lowe's (trying to find a socket reducer) and everything they sold was Taiwan or China. They have nice full polish stuff, nothing made in America. I saw a new sticker on a shovel "Assembled in America" so they buy the parts overseas and screw the handle to the shovel here......BFD!

Certain things are long gone from America, like ladders.....lawyers have killed that idea I'm sure. I'm sorry some folks in manufacturing have lost jobs but honestly some businesses are broken models when the higher wages are factored in. You can't pay a guy $20-25-30 an hour making shovels with union benefits when you can buy a Chinese made one for $9. Mercury can still get a premium for their goods but everyone b!tches about the cost, how it is raping the buyer so how long before you get fed up and start buying lower priced replacement parts?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think Mike had a few too many when he made this post.. cause it aint happening.
That's the Big Problem we are very Greedy by nature , work less get paid more, That is the problem with good ole America until they can fix this problem we will never change .
I am all for Buy American but there is not much to buy anymore .
another example .
I own a service company and the only way I can make money is by doing Quality work, and a lot of it, at a reasonable price other wise they go some where else for there service . I can't even pay my worker's when I do 1 service call for $ 50 but when I do 20 to 25 a day then I can pay my employees good and make money for myself , just like other American company's are doing good production and product is the only way we can get ahead in America unless your a doctor, lawyer ,or with some other High ranking job .
I have people looking for work that want me to pay them cash so they can collect all there American benefits at the same time " free money " I SAY NO"
but the government has caused this problem now they need to fix it .If we could get people to start to work again then we could advance our country .

again just my thought, may not be correct but we all have a$$whole's and opinions
mike
Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't suppose to say anything but it's true, North Korea splashed Dennis Rodman's fountain
Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Registered

I didn't no this but good info , Did some quick research and it look's like Yamaha jet boats are built in the good ole USA in Tennessee from what i read the motor's and jet pumps are the only thing shiped from Asia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjyR-mUa7I
Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Well, after drinking too much one night I kind of let out of the bag to my wife that I had a 14" pecker.

We know how that story ended.
It was a short story huh? hahaha
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
I'm sure we all try and buy American , but what kind of TV do you have , and stereo and computer, I bet the razor blade's you shave with are made in Asia some where , It is what it is , buy what you can American and everything else who no's where it come's from , Don't be a hater we all have stuff that's made some where else , like it or not

I would also say even thow your boat is built in America I can bet there are parts on your boat built in Asia .
even some of the fiberglass mat can come from there , also gauges , gps , radio , bilge pumps ,ect
I never said everything I own is made in America, but I do go out of my way to buy American! I don't own a vehicle produced by a foreign owned company! Every tool in my carpenters pouch is made in America! The reason we can't pay people a good wage with benefits is because most of the crap we buy now is disposable, we have it for a few years it breaks and we buy a new one. I have seen plenty of appliances made from the seventies and older that still work, no way any appliance made in the 2000's will last 30+ years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.