After a few drinks it slipped out >

After a few drinks it slipped out

Notices

After a few drinks it slipped out

Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Will add, the parts you buy to fix & maintain your Mercruiser I/O and Mercury outboard whether they are OEM or aftermarket most of that stuff is made overseas. A lot of it is from an Asian market or Mexico. Some of the parts are bought from the Asian market then put together over here. Like I said some are made that way.

Even American made auto's a lot of that stuff is bought from other countries for materials and parts. For example the Ford Escape - the transmission is from Spain along with parts from Mexico and else where, I think only 35 % of that vehicle can be totally claimed made in the USA and for the parts orgin. We are consumers, not manufacturers anymore.
Very few people look at the ami index for total vehicle content, ultimately they would be surprised at the top ten cars for American content, parts and assembly.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Wasn't there a company in the 80's that attempted to build boats in Taiwan? Marine Trading Company or something- failed at building boats so built trawlers instead...
Old 04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
I never said everything I own is made in America, but I do go out of my way to buy American! I don't own a vehicle produced by a foreign owned company! Every tool in my carpenters pouch is made in America! The reason we can't pay people a good wage with benefits is because most of the crap we buy now is disposable, we have it for a few years it breaks and we buy a new one. I have seen plenty of appliances made from the seventies and older that still work, no way any appliance made in the 2000's will last 30+ years!
I agree 100 percent about quality. But as Americans we all demanded higher pay, and at the same time we demanded lower prices.

No one here is willing to work assembly for a dollar a day. And no one here is also willing to pay $5000 at tv or $2500 a cell phone because it is made here.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I never said everything I own is made in America, but I do go out of my way to buy American! I don't own a vehicle produced by a foreign owned company! Every tool in my carpenters pouch is made in America! The reason we can't pay people a good wage with benefits is because most of the crap we buy now is disposable, we have it for a few years it breaks and we buy a new one. I have seen plenty of appliances made from the seventies and older that still work, no way any appliance made in the 2000's will last 30+ years!
I can appreciate that , I try and do the same when I can , I just wish we made more quality stuff here so we would not be forced to by from other country's
Old 04-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

It's

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 04-05-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: It's a boating site.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes me sick! No offense to your buddy Prov. but I sure hope this doesn't happen! I can't stand all this imported crap!
So the "real players" will be super easy to spot.....especially running next to a bunch of:

Funtains
Fortulas
Cigarillos
Donsiz
NarTucks
Cacepts
Sunnicks
MRI'S
DCV's
Archive Thunder
Southpen
Pantorra

You see where I'm headed....
Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had nice long beautiful reply for this thread and my OSO account automatically logged out while I was typing on my phone and deleted it. Now I don't feel like redoing it.

Key point-
Try to export as much as we import.

That is my repost - the 300 word essay portion.

O and Commandersander, don't forget the Rellcraft Scawab Miayami Rice Edition!

Last edited by spazboz; 04-05-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I haven't been online much the past few days. A panda bear stole my iPad. It was recovered by the Korean police today. They found it in a Korean massage parlor covered in cocaine dust, and spermicide. Unreal.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I know they weren't Asian but what about the two boats that raced in Key West a few years back. I'd memory serves me right I think they were from the Ukraine. One open and one canopied. Both looked pretty sharp... Kinda had an outerlimits look...
Old 04-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I heard they will be using bamboo stringers...
Haha! -Here's a few of a project I worked on Fall 2012, in Jakarta Indonesia. They made a temporary dock system out of bamboo. You would not believe how strong that stuff is!

Here's what the locals cruise in. This is basically a dump truck on the waterway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.