Notices

Paul Pfaff racing engines

Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might also have him talk to QMP Racing (Quarter Mile Performance), in Chatsworth, CA 9530 Owensmouth Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 576-0816

http://www.qmpracing.com/

On their website you will see a link for the dyno run on a 515" Blown alcohol Chevy that they built for me for my Barron Sprint flat bottom, 1350 HP. On the front of their web page look for David Kahn's Blown Alcohol and you will see the dyno.
I am 100% happy with what they did for me. On time and on budget.

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 04-13-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

Dk, I think you're missing a 0 (zero), but we all got it

these engines look awesome! is there a dealer for Pfaff on the East coast?
Old 04-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I can name a couple engine builders I was 10% happy with as well. LOL
Old 04-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

Oops, sorry about that. I just fixed it.
DK
Old 04-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

Talk to Brad or Mike at QMP, I know that they ship their engines all over the world, I have seen engines going to Australia for their shop.
DK
Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they built a pair 750s for me last year . quick turn around i was happy at the time . but have had a couple issues , witch ill see how is taken care of after the purchase . this is truely how i judge someone , after the the fact . how things are taken care of under warrentee . again i say i am at this point 100 percent satisified . but did have a parts failure after three hrs .. motor back at pfaff now .so yes they are building engines still ..
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Registered

I have Pfaff 650's in my boat. When I bought it I did not have any info on the engines... They had all the info and have been great.

I'm interested to see who he talked to as well. We just never know when someone will be disgruntled...
Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
they built a pair 750s for me last year . quick turn around i was happy at the time . but have had a couple issues , witch ill see how is taken care of after the purchase . this is truely how i judge someone , after the the fact . how things are taken care of under warrentee . again i say i am at this point 100 percent satisified . but did have a parts failure after three hrs .. motor back at pfaff now .so yes they are building engines still ..
joe baca called today ;; motor fixed going back on dyno . busted valve guide , tore some chit up, fixed it in three days after engine arrival . thats as good as it gets as far as im concerned . made an bad situation quite barrable thanks joe for the fine customer care after the sale , ill buy again .. thats what you want folks , no bullchit, yes it broke , yes it sucks, but fixed it pronto . put her back in and wind her back up
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

thanx everyone,,i got a call back from my friend,,i guess gordon is going to give him a quoat..ill forward the other machine shop to him as well and thanx again..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Registered

That's a weird story about the phone call. I talk to Pfaff Engines on the regular and (obviously as answered in the thread they are still building engines) have found them to be exceptionally professional. They "often" fix problems from other builders as well.

RD