Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours >

For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours

Notices

For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours

Old 04-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boats forsale but sitting on a trailer..Boat 35k trailer 5k..you would think thay would just ask 40k for the packageor how else you going to get the phuckin boat home...GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
Boats forsale but sitting on a trailer..Boat 35k trailer 5k..you would think thay would just ask 40k for the packageor how else you going to get the phuckin boat home...GRRRRRRRRRRRR
And it will be listed at 35k and the trailer 5k will be buried somewhere in the ad. This drives me nuts too
Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no price is a big one for me

the other you see a lot with cars that are salvage or rebuilders........they have the damn car correctly listed as salvage or rebuilder, but they only show you pics of the good side and then give a description of the damage to the other side......who in the F is going to even show up to look at that

or the other is "rebuilder" and literally 6" is scraped clean off of one said of the car when the last pic finally shows the damage.....it is like the damn thing went through a giant band saw and just cut 6" off the side of the car.....who in the hell rebuilds that

others are a boat that has a full cabin with no pics of the cabin at all even though there are 20 pics and the add says the boat needs some work

photos of damage that are so close you have no clue what part of the boat it is showing even if you were the actual builder of the boat.....I mean thanks for showing the damage, but that crack can be insignificant or it can be critical depending on location

"project boats" that have an infinite description of what all the boat needs and what it will cost and what has already been done and then one photo from 200 yards away

boats where the guy tells you all about how little money and time or both it will take to double the value.....but for whatever reason the guy that knows that the fetzer valve is stuck and that it will just take some 30 weight motor oil and a couple of ball bearings that can be had for $20 dollars to get it going in less than an hour can't be bothered tot take that $20 dollars and one hour of his own time to double the value of the boat that HE ALREADY OWNS AND IS SELLING

or even better "moved on to other projects no time for this one".......uh take your A.D.D meds and hand your checkbook to your wife before your yard looks like a junk yard fool......and of course what he is really saying is "you can put $80,000 in this boat and it will be worth $37,500 on a great day so buy it from me for break even before I lose money on it"

"free"......if you buy the trailer for $2,500......the trailer is worth $1,000 and the boat is landfill junk you will have to pay to dispose of

the ones I never really understand are "have $20,000 in receipts selling for $10,000" (and they probably actually legitimately do have the reciepts and the $10,000 is a decent price) and then "I just don't have time for it anymore" and you look in the rest of the pic and there are 3 jet skis, 2 harleys, a couple of collector cars, they are breeding expensive dogs, a gyrocopter, monster truck, two 4wheelers, a dune buggy, a souped up razor side by side, another boat and some hunting and fishing gear.......dude you did not figure out that you did not have time for this boat before you bought it much less before you put 2X the amount of money into it that it is actually worth......I mean hell you can spend your money any way you wish, but damn why not just burn it instead
Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
1. To me if I see a long description on how awesome the stereo is tahts a immediate turn off.. I don`t care and it leads me to believe you probably partied on the thing with a 100 skanks/dudes all drunk blarring the music and I`m going to have to be finding jizz beer stains for the next 5 years.

2. All the keywords; 'taken care of with an open wallet' , turn key (they never are) , ready for summer, 'turns heads everywhere we go' etc.. ok buddy calm down with the used car salesman routine.

3. Email for pics?? ummm no thanx NEXT!

4. Pictures from the previous owners sale ad from 10 years ago.. take some current pics!\

For Sale ads in the Swap shop:

No picture or price.. NEXT!
anything from KidApache.
I guess I better remove that "turn key" from my ad, but you know better with mine lol

As far as pet peeves on ads, I agree with the no pictures or pictures from 10 years ago. Drives me nuts when I can't look at something.

Last edited by sleev-les; 04-17-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Too fast for me or listing for my brother in laws cousin who is never home
Old 04-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
I bought a new Sunsation from a dealer in Illinois with the delivery to Florida included. They wanted to sell me the steel trailer it was sitting on, I wasn't interested due to all salt water use. They paid a lot kid to drive a new dually to Florida with the boat in tow, then we dunked at a ramp swapped the boat and he headed back to Illinois towing an empty steel trailer.......I heard from the salesman later it was a lonnnnng bouncy ride home!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

I have to laugh at some of these responses.......Anyone remember looking at a 2 inch X 3 inch black and white ad in the auto/boat/rv/bike trader and then reading the paragraph below? I bet I have bought 250+ autotraders to look at cars to buy! I remember it always came out on Friday so you had to go late on Friday to get the newest one. I didn't mind the $1.50 or $2 because it was cheap entertainment for the next hour or two!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have to laugh at some of these responses.......Anyone remember looking at a 2 inch X 3 inch black and white ad in the auto/boat/rv/bike trader and then reading the paragraph below? I bet I have bought 250+ autotraders to look at cars to buy! I remember it always came out on Friday so you had to go late on Friday to get the newest one. I didn't mind the $1.50 or $2 because it was cheap entertainment for the next hour or two!
Or waiting each month for the Ads in Powerboat Magazine. Then asking for the photos to mailed by USPS!

BTW I agree it's a pain when price is not listed but as someone with just such a listing often we have reasons for not making the value of the boat public for everyone in our community to have access to. All you have to do is PM call or email for the price.

Last edited by skate; 04-17-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

Autotrader made me think of Joe Dirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRIcDQvTyI
Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Brokers in general, I can't stand it when they don't know the condition of the boat and then tell me not to low ball the guy. I drove up to Detroit to check out a boat that was wrapped with a blue tarp with duck tape holding it on. The inside looked like there was a party the night before and this was in January. I called the dude back and said thanks for wasting my time. Pics were about 2 years old.

I really hate ads without trailers, last thing I want to do is track down a trailer and add that expense in as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.