Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And don't forget, TRL505 doesn't go there
Old 04-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector747
So which is bigger LOTO or Desert Storm? Having never been to either (Bucket list). So LOTO is Aug 23-24 and Desert Storm is April 23-27.
DS is great because it's 90 degrees while the rest of the country is still warming up. Boat parade through the channel before the Friday PR is cool. Street party is better laid out. Desert landscape contrasted with water was unique to me.

LOTO has more boats running around though out the week, far more establishments and lodging options. The TWO days of speed runs are better organized. Spectator raft up is huge and better organized.
Walking the docks at Camden on the Lake or Dog Days, you see more boats than in the cove at Nautical Inn DS. LOTO is trying to improve their street party. I did not go last year when it was moved to the park.

Poker run boats roar by faster at DS but the speed limit for LOTO keeps the boats together in one massive rallye going by. Like a huge pack of motorcycles going on for a mile. Paradise Café is great to have brunch and watch them go by.

You cant go wrong either way. IF I could only ever do one, LOTO wins. Once you go to either you will spent time plotting to go back.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Question

My boat is in pieces but i`d like to get out of dodge for a week within 10 hours of Illinois. Would the family still have a good time without the boat? We mostly like to just chill out on a beach and relax
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
My boat is in pieces but i`d like to get out of dodge for a week within 10 hours of Illinois. Would the family still have a good time without the boat? We mostly like to just chill out on a beach and relax
We went last year with no boat and still had a lot of fun. This year we are renting one for the shootout so we can raft on the front line this year.

Last year we stayed 4 nights.... 2 at a place right behind dog days (walked there) and 2 at Camden. For the shootout we paid to hang out in the Starship dinner boat and watched the runs. It was a lot of fun.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
We went last year with no boat and still had a lot of fun. This year we are renting one for the shootout so we can raft on the front line this year.

Last year we stayed 4 nights.... 2 at a place right behind dog days (walked there) and 2 at Camden. For the shootout we paid to hang out in the Starship dinner boat and watched the runs. It was a lot of fun.
Sounds like you've got it all planned out, get a taste of almost everything without driving, great plan.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

One thing I always like about Lake of the Ozarks is when your boating everyone waves at everyone like you're in a parade. I also like how the lake is laid out it's always what's around the next corner to me.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yes they would. Look into staying at Tan-Tar-A. They have an indoor water park and are in a good central location that makes driving around to other sites easy.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
Sounds like you've got it all planned out, get a taste of almost everything without driving, great plan.

Ready for this year. Spending an extra night at the Camden. Sit in the pool and relax.

The rental boat should make it a lot more fun too I think. That front line raft up looks like a blast.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I like wide open bodies of water and I've heard that Lake of the Ozarks should really be called a river because that's basically what it is with no open places to run. Is that true? Just basically a snaking river. What's the widest part of the lake?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I like wide open bodies of water and I've heard that Lake of the Ozarks should really be called a river because that's basically what it is with no open places to run. Is that true? Just basically a snaking river. What's the widest part of the lake?

I can only speak for what parts I saw. It is river like and not hugely open like the bay or ocean. However it is wide enough if you ask me, nothing narrow about it.

This was last year off my balcony. That is J.T in the skater for a size reference.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 04-19-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.