Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
what makes LOTO so popular? >

what makes LOTO so popular?

Notices

what makes LOTO so popular?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

So basically it's just a river??? Sorry, but I would hate that, I like going different places and being able to set the throttle in one position for say 20 miles or more and just cruise. I'd feel confined at Loto.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
So basically it's just a river??? Sorry, but I would hate that, I like going different places and being able to set the throttle in one position for say 20 miles or more and just cruise. I'd feel confined at Loto.
There's more shoreline than the state of California.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

There is a lot of long open straight area. It is a HUGE river/lake. Lots of places to go to as well up and down the entire thing.

I would say it's one of those places you have to go to really get the feel for.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you're saying seeing a shoreline as "confined" then yes, it's confined, we're originally from LOTO and we have a house down here in SWF now, so we boat in both open water (GOM) and at LOTO and I wouldn't call LOTO confined, crap, unless I'm out in the GOM it's more confined down here in SWF because you have to stay within the markers/buoys, in the Summer time nothing beats LOTO.........that's JMO.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It is a lake created by 2 dams. The main/Osage channel is 90 miles long. The other branches add up to another 50 miles or so.
There are hundreds of places to go on the water. You can cruise 5, 20 or 50+ miles. The main channel is plenty wide enough to run any speeds you choose.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Pretty damn cool lake from the pics and maps on the internet, this is must
Old 04-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Maybe were just spoiled with block island, Newport, montauk, the hamptons, vineyard, Nantucket, etc.... A bunch of local guys went to the shootout two years ago and said they would never go back. I guess I'll have to check it out myself.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Maybe were just spoiled with block island, Newport, montauk, the hamptons, vineyard, Nantucket, etc.... A bunch of local guys went to the shootout two years ago and said they would never go back. I guess I'll have to check it out myself.
Look at what 200K or even 1mm can get you at LOTO and you will see a major part of the attraction.....It has to be some of the cheapest waterfront in the country!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Registered

That's true, $1M in southeast FL or CT shoreline gets you about 1500sq ft....
Old 04-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Registered

LOTO is great. We have been to both DS and Shootout and I would say LOTO is better all around. We spent a week in 2012 for the shootout. Had the Skater towed out and our Malibu Ski Boat. Rented a house that had a dock that fit both. Found a place out of the beaten path in the Niangua Arm so we could Water Ski close. It worked out great. Have never found a lake where we could Water Ski 3 times a day and in between come back get the Skater haul ass and go have lunch, then come back and ski again. There is also a Gold Club that you can boat to, play a round then get back in the boat and go home. The week we were there the weather was great, not much humidity and not many bugs. The only thing that lacks is good roads to go Cycling on. Scary skinny roads in the area that we rented the house. Could see us owning a place there in about the same location. Nothing like water skiing then hauling ass in the same day over and over again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.