Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record >

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Notices

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Here's an update for those interested: I just spoke to Mark Wheeler (I also spoke to him yesterday), the president of APBA, and they have yet to determine what they will call the new special event kilo record set by Snowy Mountain Brewery. When I hear back from Mr. Wheeler, I will change my story to accurately reflect what the new record is called.

As for the personal and (in my view) agenda-based attacks on me, while I find them a little over the top and silly, this is not my first time at the rodeo. Such attacks come with the territory. Responding directly only legitimizes the attacker, and I won't do that.

I related the new record to the Steve Miklos-set offshore kilo record set in 2002 that I found in the APBA records (http://www.apba.org/node/5803). Based on the requirement differences of the different kilo sanctions (offshore vs. special event) that was a mistake. But it was an honest one that I will correct when I have the final name for yesterday's record, and any suggestion otherwise is incorrect.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Here's an update for those interested: I just spoke to Mark Wheeler (I also spoke to him yesterday), the president of APBA, and they have yet to determine what they will call the new special event kilo record set by Snowy Mountain Brewery. .
How much does it cost to have a special event kilo record? and can any boat/motor combination be allowed its own special classification?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
How much does it cost to have a special event kilo record? and can any boat/motor combination be allowed its own special classification?
It would seems so. I was with John Haggin when he set a Special Event Kilo with his original turbine powered Outerlimits. He also set a Houseboat speed record.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Racer
Racer

Could I run my weekend cottage in the "33-34ft Fly bridge, between the years 83-84, motors over 1000hrs, with air, generator and full cooler class"?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522815[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record-4.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
It wasn't real hard. Matt writes this story about how the SMB boat breaks the SV record. Ok SV is SBI, but APBA sactioned it? So Matt didn't research it I guess. I would think he would know the difference. Than Matt states that the SMB boat broke the prevous SVL record recorded by APBA. So now we beat a record of another class? Just add to it the controversy the side stepping of OPA. Opps. And why do I call out Matt. Matt is always the first to report the controversy of SV/SVL, but has failed to report about the team with the Aluminum flywheel, the hot box at Biloxi, the motor swap at Key west, just last week the jump start, and the Data logger chip that disappeaed.

So tell me where I am wrong? Journalist or Amanuensis

The only way to explain it is that Mr, Trulio might be in love with Professor Fate. Or stopped by the Smokey Mountain Bakery and is a democrat.
This is just way out of line. Personal attacks only discredit anything you are trying to point out. Matt carries the respect of 99% of our industry and is the first to correct himself when a mistake is made. He is not a hard person to contact directly. If you have a point to make try giving him a call rather than take to a forum and make personal attacks from a keyboard.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

That's confusing, how can they know it's a record if they don't know what the class is?

Oh well still fast for a single NA V.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
That's confusing, how can they know it's a record if they don't know what the class is?

Oh well still fast for a single NA V.
It will be known as the cat killer lite, record, or cat killer jr. In SBI
Old 04-30-2014, 02:21 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you for the update Matt.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Thank you for the update Matt.
You're welcome, Tim.

In the meantime, I have removed the reference to the existing APBA Super V Light Single record, which was established as an "offshore kilo" rather than a "special event kilo" and, as such, could have not been broken earlier this week. I apologize for any confusion my error may have caused.

I will add the proper name for the new record to the story and, once again, I will apologize for my error.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Where was the record run made? I don't think I saw that anywhere.

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.