I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout >

I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout

Notices

I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout

Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need opinions on the stripe & logo layout

I have been working on stripes for my Concept 30. It had an ugly dark blue and yellow stripe along the water line that I hated. I wetsanded it off in hopes there wouldn't bee too much discoloration. Unfortunately there is, so I will have to restripe. I have used masking tape to put the stripes on then used MS paint to color it close to what we want. I also worked a bit on the Concept 30 logo, replaced it and also put an oval around it which I think helped it. But my fear is it makes the boat look too much like I am trying to copy a Cigarette...... Take a look at this picture and tell me if that is the impression you guys get as well. While I like the look of the logo this way, I also don't want it to look like I am copying Cigarette or trying to make my CC look like a Cigarette. Also the arch is missing in the photos, at the powder coaters for new color (Blue). Ignore the light colored stripe toward the bow. That is the result of cutting and pasting and filling in, using MS paint...

Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks nothing like the Cigarette logo IMO..
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cigarette, Baja, Active Thunder, Outerlimits......each have the oval. I wouldn't worry about that myself.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-08-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

My fear was it would look like I was trying to make it something it's not......... So then on to the next question, opinions on the logo and stripes themselves.... Knowing I have to go with stripes at the bottom (to cover up the area where previous stripes were)...... Is the top stripe too much?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Registered

Here are a couple of other layouts (with just masking tape, I didn't have time to use MS Paint to fill in with color).

Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

bottom
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
this one
Old 05-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the graphic with the oval, and I like both top and bottom stripes. If it were mine, I'd add in a hi-vis orange color somewhere, it looks really sharp with blues.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
I like the graphic with the oval, and I like both top and bottom stripes. If it were mine, I'd add in a hi-vis orange color somewhere, it looks really sharp with blues.
We had thought about orange and blue, but green and blue ended up being the colors of choice. It will all make sense once the dash, interior panels and powder coating is all back on the boat...
Old 05-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

I am more of a basic guy. I like understated graphics & colors that simply accent the lines of the boat. This boat has really nice classic lines to it (IMO), so adding the stripes the way I am, just highlights the lines that are already there.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.