Advice for buying a Fountain. >

Advice for buying a Fountain.

Notices

Advice for buying a Fountain.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice for buying a Fountain.

Hello, I am looking to purchase an 07 Fountain 35 Executioner. I am looking for advice from experienced boaters as to the pros and cons of this boat prior to buying it. Here is the exact boat.. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Griff; 05-17-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: deleted link to ad
Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Darr?
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Assume that it looks bigger than it really is (beak)
Understand the throttles and shifts are on the wrong side.
Other than that, they are great handling boats. As with any pre-enjoyed boat, the stringers and transom should be thoroughly checked for moisture. Also a compression check is a must. Try to view the boat with the cover on taking note of any possible fuel smell. Slight chance the tank could be a problem-better chance of fill hose and vent line needing replacement.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

That's a great color scheme on the boat - I have always liked it. Get a survey done on the boat. Yes, it will cost $500 +/-, but it will give you some image of the hull condition. If the surveyor also does mechanicals, that is just a bonus - otherwise get a compression and/or leakdown test done at minimum.

This is an older hull, but assuming you know what you're looking at. I'm partial to the Lightning hull and cockpit - to each their own. There is a wealth of information here on the differences based on the year. Use " siteffshoreonly.com, fountain, difference " in a google search and you will get good info.

I also was looking at a late model Executioner last year when we got our Lightning. Two deal breakers for me (er uh, my wife): no anchor locker and no swimladder.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Katanna
Assume that it looks bigger than it really is (beak)
Understand the throttles and shifts are on the wrong side.
Other than that, they are great handling boats. As with any pre-enjoyed boat, the stringers and transom should be thoroughly checked for moisture. Also a compression check is a must. Try to view the boat with the cover on taking note of any possible fuel smell. Slight chance the tank could be a problem-better chance of fill hose and vent line needing replacement.
No, the throttles are actually on the correct side, so a throttle man can reach... And it's not Fountains fault that not only are most people right handed, but they are also helpless with their left!! Lol
I like throttling left handed. But then again I played sports a lot and had to be coordinated well with BOTH hands
Old 05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The ad doesn't indicate what power/drives... pretty important detail to omit IMO.. But if you've already spoken to the seller, then you know what its got. Depending on the answer to that question, could be a whole other set of things for you to be watchful of. As for a survey, IMO, it shouldn't be optional nor should a mechanical survey be. Get a compression and leakdown test on the motors..
Old 05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
No, the throttles are actually on the correct side, so a throttle man can reach... And it's not Fountains fault that not only are most people right handed, but they are also helpless with their left!! Lol
I like throttling left handed. But then again I played sports a lot and had to be coordinated well with BOTH hands
+1
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

https://www.google.com/#q=I+am+looki...35+Executioner
Old 05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
The ad doesn't indicate what power/drives... pretty important detail to omit.
At that price 496HOs.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Nice looking boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.