Notices

Pier 57 Horror stories

Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Chris you have had your hands full. Looking forward to others response. I had some similar issues that were taken care of by Shogren. I do see your side.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
And where is the OP now?

*crickets*
Replyed above your reply
Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I will say Pier 57's Service Center listing of services is a bit misleading. I called them last October inquiring about redoing the bottom on my boat since they list performing that type of service. I was told that they sub that work out to Captain Nabber's and I should go directly to Nabber's (now there is a bad customer service story. But I digress...). This is not unusual in business. Many companies offer services that they sub the work out to other contractors. A simple question from the OP/buyer would have quickly clarified who performed the engine work. .
Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have taken the $1000 bucks and run.

I understand your troubles and it sounds similar to the situation I have been in with my 87 Formula, but these are old boats and I bought mine knowing it could be years of misfortune before the bugs were worked out, but the boat had essentially "good bones". I rebuilt the port motor when I bought the boat and it made it from July 4th weekend until labor day weekend when the starboard motor went lame. That is just the case with these things. I don't see how this is the brokers responsibility, especially when you bought the boat as is. Perhaps a survey would have helped? I wish you luck in your journey to get the boat back to right.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
I would have taken the $1000 bucks and run.

I understand your troubles and it sounds similar to the situation I have been in with my 87 Formula, but these are old boats and I bought mine knowing it could be years of misfortune before the bugs were worked out, but the boat had essentially "good bones". I rebuilt the port motor when I bought the boat and it made it from July 4th weekend until labor day weekend when the starboard motor went lame. That is just the case with these things. I don't see how this is the brokers responsibility, especially when you bought the boat as is. Perhaps a survey would have helped? I wish you luck in your journey to get the boat back to right.
BINGO! see highlighted part above. If you don't do that, then it is your problem. Every used/repo boat I have bought, (8-9 boats) I have always paid the coin, and had a mechnical survey, (leakdown, etc) and a hull survey done, BEFORE I close the deal. And this NOT a rap against Pier 57, I would/will do this on every used/repo boat I bought or will buy, regardless of who is selling it.....

BTW, for what's it's worth, I have never had any dealings with Scott S. or the crew at Pier57, BUT I have heard nothing but great things about their operation....
DF

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 05-22-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

They sent me a free t-shirt and it is black.....its too hot in the summer for a black t-shirt These guys are one of the few class acts in the industry. They have realistic prices with realistic trade values, no games. I have inquired on a few boats there and all questioned were answered fast, even in peak season. They even made a very attractive offer to buy my boat outright.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Replyed above your reply

I saw after i posted....his was not there when I hit submit.....now I just look dumb lol.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I saw after i posted....his was not there when I hit submit.....now I just look dumb lol.
Luckily you can edit. Haha
Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I'd delete this thread if I were you.

BTW...after reading this thread I'd have no issues going to SS for a boat when I need one.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I'd delete this thread if I were you.

BTW...after reading this thread I'd have no issues going to SS for a boat when I need one.
+1.....

OP's rant simply described boating with a 29 year old powerboat.......

Like expecting a 29 year old racecar to run like a new Camry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.