Notices

Livorsi vs Autometer

Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Livorsi showed zero interest in helping me or trying to work with me in any way over a speedometer that started leaking at two years old. They wanted some ridiculous amount of money to fix it. I replaced it with a used one. The original still sits in the garage as a reminder of the crappy customer service. I've mentioned this before here. I didn't expect a free repair; Just anything to show they cared.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I said in a previous response. I will personally fix all your concerns but if I don't know about them I cannot fix them. Please email me or give me a call.

Best Regards
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]

Last edited by GAUGETHIS; 05-30-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

I'm sorry .... They did not say it would be free. I have no idea why I typed that... But I be leave it was very affordable
Old 06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, can you comment on what MMB is referring to with the crimping?

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS
As I said in a previous response. I will personally fix all your concerns but if I don't know about them I cannot fix them. Please email me or give me a call.

Best Regards
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS

Best Regards
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]
Thanks for responding in this thread and offering to help take care of your customers.

Wouldn't it just make more sense to ship better product from the start?

Still trying to understand why I should use your product?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:40 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

talked to another member up here wanting to go with Livorsi gauges. I heard that they had a few issues here and there thru out a couple of years. I have been using Auto Meter for the past 5 years so what is the current quality of the Livorsi gauges ? Any issues lately ? I figured there would be a thread up here but really can't find anything else but this one in a search. Any other threads about who's gauges including Livorsi are good or bad currently. THX

Last edited by BUP; 02-18-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

I've got a dash full of Livorsi from restoration in 2006. No problems here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537290[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi vs Autometer-image.jpg  
Old 02-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

I emailed Livorsi for a new dash panel and was surprised to hear they only do carbon fiber dash panels despite what their website said. I do not like the carbon fiber look however. They have since edited a portion of the website now as I pointed it out to them that their site stated they can make them out of other materials but it still states they do aluminum in their dash designer. Pretty bummed they couldn't help me out as I had already purchased some of their gauges and wanted to do the whole thing with their product... The price I was quoted for a carbon fiber one was astronomical in my opinion.

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 02-18-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

ive heard they are both made at the same factory. only difference really is livorsi has cooler color combos and are a little more fancy looking. and they have the deutch connectors and you need to rewire your dash if you have an older boat to work for the connectors. autometers are still the wire bolts on the backside
Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done a full set of pro comp marine (autometer) from CP performance and not had any issues on the scarab 33.
The current gauges in the Eliminator are Autometer, and no issues with them either.
I bought two hourmeters from CP (the eliminator didn't have any) and had to go with Livorsi because Autometer didn't have a stand alone hourmeter that would work for me.
First set came reading 0.0 hours, and one of the rubber gaskets inside was covering half the gauge! Sent it back for a replacement. New gauge came and the hourmeter read 1.4hours!! WTF I was told, that they test all of their gauges before sending them out. So of course I asked why my first two read 0.0hours and this one does not.
I was told that was the way it is, and I could hook up the other gauge to a battery until it read 1.4hours also.
Are you kidding me???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.