Notices

Lake Mich fog

Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lake Mich fog

Saw this on yahoo, Fog rolling in on lake Mich, neat, "better drop the hammer Harry"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...182729920.html
Old 05-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen that this morning also. It looked like they were close to land which is a relief. Imagine what would be going through your mind if you were 25 miles out and that came up on you from the direction you have to go.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I totaled a jet boat because the fog was so thick I couln`t see the rocks in the water .. or 10' in front of me.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

that's a wall!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

we got caught in a fog similar to that coming back from milwaukee one night…..we saw it out on the lake going north but it didn't look to be coming in to land….on the way home right around racine we got caught in it and you could barely see the red/green light coming off the nose of our boat. (30' scarab) funny thing is it was only about 10' tall (the fog) you could look up and see a totally clear night and stars! I tried to stand on the deck of the boat as we motored along at idle to see if i could get above it…nope…..so it was idle all the way back to Northpoint Marina (Zion IL) Via GPS…thank god i marked the docks…the entrance mouth of the marina…and about 100' straight out or we would have been on the rocks for sure

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in that mess! Some friends and I were pretty excited to finally get out on the water for the first time this year, and planned to head up the coast to Muskegon (from Grand Haven) for dinner. It was perfectly clear at the marina a bit inland, but was really bad on the lake. We ended up idling around for a few minutes and came back in. Couldn't see more than a couple of boat lengths off the bow.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

When I used to desert race, you would get caught up in dust like that frequently, especially passing someone. nothing like riding a quad full throttle by braile.