Notices

Big Boats not selling?

Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Boats not selling?

I have a 50 Hustler with all new triple 604CI new Arneson drives , new transmissions, new interior and paintwork cleaned up by Mitcher T and cannot sell for 150K
I paid 150k about 3 years ago and put 185K in upgrades. boat shows like new. I'm looking at a center console now and need to move this one any suggestions? I have only listed it with OSO.
Ken
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 530 Likes on 328 Posts

Try Thomas, ya never know

Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ken sampson
I have a 50 Hustler with all new triple 604CI new Arneson drives , new transmissions, new interior and paintwork cleaned up by Mitcher T and cannot sell for 150K
I paid 150k about 3 years ago and put 185K in upgrades. boat shows like new. I'm looking at a center console now and need to move this one any suggestions? I have only listed it with OSO.
Ken
I just looked at your listing
WOW That's a helluva a lot of boat for the asking price!!!
I wish I was sitting on the coin as I'd pounce on it in a millesecond.
You'll get a lot more exposure to potential buyers with sites like Powerboat listings, Boat Trader, and Yachtworld. I don't know what the fees are and wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a buyer.
The only thing certain is you'll get more exposure than just OSO
If I was sitting on a unit like that I'd save the money on their fees and and place ads with lots of pictures in the Craigslists of all the big cities less than 1000 miles away and renew them every week.
I sold a 18K aluminum trailer within 3 weeks of listing in Pensacola, Mobile, New Orleans, Beaumont, Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and Dallas using this method after it woudn't move here and I got my asking price in full by not budging. Members here are very savy as to the deflated market values to enthusiasts of the sport as compared to Craigslist buyers. Just sit back and enjoy the great comedy of all the "I'm overseas but have a representative" scammers, I swear I took over 50 in 2 weeks.
Good luck on your boat sale, you enjoy an AWESOME boat for sure!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 05-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ken sampson
Ken
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o53333-en.html

I looked at your boat/ad a few weeks ago and thought it was a good price/good ad with good pics. Looks like a lot of boat for the money!
I had a friend tell me that his 50 NT was a hassle to trailer/use despite it being a great boat......he called it a "commitment to use" meaning it took time to prep/launch/retrieve/clean and re-store. No 5 minute drop in, 2 minute rinse/flush and walk away. I would think your 50 Hustler is 15 years old and is the same big commitment to use/store/tow. If a guy has a 40ft slip/lift and a 3500 dually your boat is simply too big.......limited market!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree, I think the problem is probably a limited market for a boat of that size. It's a BIG boat and trips adds a lot of cost to ownership. Gorgeous and the price is very reasonable but again, it's a big commitment to own and operate. Plus storage and moving it from location to location.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I just looked at your listing
WOW That's a helluva a lot of boat for the asking price!!!
I wish I was sitting on the coin as I'd pounce on it in a millesecond.
You'll get a lot more exposure to potential buyers with sites like Powerboat listings, Boat Trader, and Yachtworld. I don't know what the fees are and wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a buyer.
The only thing certain is you'll get more exposure than just OSO
If I was sitting on a unit like that I'd save the money on their fees and and place ads with lots of pictures in the Craigslists of all the big cities less than 1000 miles away and renew them every week.
I sold a 18K aluminum trailer within 3 weeks of listing in Pensacola, Mobile, New Orleans, Beaumont, Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and Dallas using this method after it woudn't move here and I got my asking price in full by not budging. Members here are very savy as to the deflated market values to enthusiasts of the sport as compared to Craigslist buyers. Just sit back and enjoy the great comedy of all the "I'm overseas but have a representative" scammers, I swear I took over 50 in 2 weeks.
Good luck on your boat sale, you enjoy an AWESOME boat for sure!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Agree 100% - boat looks mint. When you find someone that wants a 50 footer it will sell !
Old 05-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm surprised it hasn't sold either its such a beautiful boat!

Powerboat listings is free if you want another ad but of coarse OSO is a great place
Old 05-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

list the boat on ebay...good world wide lead generator
Old 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Clean, beautiful boat. Be patient before you completely drop your drawers. The big boats have never been fast movers, limited audience that is shrinking every year. Your boat is also now out of the financing window for most buyers based on year.

On another note I was quoted insurance on a triple engine fountain 47 last year, 3 times what I am paying on my twin with only a modest increase in insured value. All these factors mean that your boat will take a special buyer. However, from the looks of the pics, you will have an advantage over the others on the market when that buyer comes along, clean boats sell!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, that is a nice boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.