3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!! >

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Notices

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
You should have changed all the races. Cleaning the strainer is step one of fixing an AC problem. Shortcuts make more work in the long run. Not busting your balls, just sharing hard learned advice.
Wiggled the HPF wire going to the switch and it kicked on. I tried turning it on before I touched anything and it clicked as if it was turning on then a quick click off and the flashed HPF. I got to go with RT on this and say its either the switch or the wiring. Does tha switch send a ground back to the panel shutting off or does the circuit open.

Couldn't find anything on ocean marine is ocean breeze marine the same thing?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I lost a wheel bearing last Sunday on the way home. took the tire off, chained the axel up and limped home on three.
Going to tear into it this afternoon.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I lost a wheel bearing last Sunday on the way home. took the tire off, chained the axel up and limped home on three.
Going to tear into it this afternoon.
Sucks for sure, I'm keeping all new spare parts with me at all times. Should just by a all in one hub, only problem with that is I have 2 axles with brakes and 1 without, and the hubs aren't the same.

Back to the AC unit I found this for sale on ebay, it may be my only solution unless these switches are universal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boaters-Resa...ec87c0&vxp=mtr
Old 06-08-2014, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when ever i build a trailer i use dexter axles and spec them with ez lube spindles the spindle is drilled all the way to the area between the inner seal and the inner bearing so when you pump it with grease it has to go from the inner bearing and come all the way through the outer bearing the entire is filled with grease they use a double inner seal so the grease does not come out on your brakes i have been doing this for 25 years and have had good luck this way
Old 06-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

The new boat has bearing buddies. The SCARAB had the EZ lube axels like weldcrane described. Much better setup. You can repack the wheel in about 5 minutes without taking anything apart.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the board bad in the control box?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Is the board bad in the control box?
I don't think so. There is a light that comes on when it kicks on and off. Gonna dunk the boat tomorrow ill know more then.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Same issue. Still flashes HPF as soon as its on. Compressor nor pump will do any thing. I tried unplugging the switch for the high and low switches on the circuit board but still flashes. I'm guessing I'll need to short the lead out to by pass it?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Dam you guys.... Now your going to make me check my bearing buddies when I get home tonight.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Registered

MY one bad bearing turned into a bad drop spindle that is no longer available. So I then needed to replace both axels since the wheel height will be an issue if I replace only one axel. I then planed to replace both square axels with new round axels and electric brake system. That changed when I told them the surge coupler was welded to the frame of the trailer. So the two new axels and electric brakes on two axels at $1150 went to two axels with hydraulic brakes on both at $1500 +, And the trailer still needs new fenders ( beat up ), sand blasting and repainting.
Had a change of mind and just said SCREW it and ordered a new Manning all aluminum trailer with electric brakes on both axels. Oh and they are going to do a temporary repair on the old axel so I can go boating the next 4 weekends until I get the new trailer.
SO my simple weld a new round spindle to my existing axel turned into a new $6000 tricked out trailer. I can't wait to see it under the boat. Should make it really stand out. Wheels should look hot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.