Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help!!!!!!! Need help on identifying carberator >

Help!!!!!!! Need help on identifying carberator

Notices

Help!!!!!!! Need help on identifying carberator

Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible that you are missing a filter that needs attention? I thought there was a small filter just inside the first fuel inlet. Though it didn't effect idle on my boat it kept the engines from reaching the upper R.P.M.s.
Sounds like the experts above have you covered with a parts kit solution. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darrel thanks for the info. I will try that and I will definitely get a gallon can of carb cleaner a my local Napa store. Thanks-Marty
Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Wes Burmark- I did clean out the brass inlet screen filter if that is the one that you are referring to it was all caked with a whitish substance from the ethanol. Marty
Old 06-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Darrell
Old 06-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Registered

Enjoying the boat again after a Saturday morning carb rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a carb kit from my local marina, base gasket and fuel filter. Took a few hours Saturday morning drinking coffee on the front porch enjoying the sun and rebuilt the carberator making sure everytrhing was clean. Installed new power valve and checked all adjustments. Installed new gaskets and tightened everything up to factory specs, installed carb on boat. It took me awhile to unscrew the fram fuel filter base as it had been awhile since it was last changed. After cleaning out the base and reinstalling with new filter put the boat in the water and it ran just like new. Hurray back to fun in the sun Thanks All- Marty