Notices

Craigslist Gold!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
He's on OSO right now advertising it and replying:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...t-forsale.html
You act like I built this and am defending it ������ I know it's rigged, the old man that built/sold it to me was crazy. Nobody would have turned down the price I paid for it.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanwilburn18
You act like I built this and am defending it ������ I know it's rigged, the old man that built/sold it to me was crazy. Nobody would have turned down the price I paid for it.
No, your fine. This thread was before you showed up in the other one.

We understand your point.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Where do I start??????
Home Depot galvanized pipe fittings everywhere on the water system.
angle aluminum for the throttle linkage
PVC exhaust pipe
Basset jet boat headers
disastrous wiring
more extension spring than my garage door opened
Rubber pvc couplers
Lets not even get into the "race"engine 11:1 compression????
Admittedly if the engine has what is suppose to be in it, It might be a good engine for a street car but not a boat. If the guy had 30gs into the engine he got suckered.
I understand your position Ryan. You probably got it for a really really good price (I hope) and hope to flip it, but holy crap its amazing what people can turn a good boat into a piece of crap. To make it into an sterndrive boat again, we all know it will need a new transom and possibly stringers, then you rebuilding the whole rest of the boat.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's not just a boat, it's a conversation piece. I'd paint that mofo flat black, put "Eat Me" on the sides, skull on the deck, get a Sea-Tow policy and a couple fire extinguishers and go full D-Day all summer.

Drive it till it blows, have Sea-Tow haul it to the nicest house in sight, leave the signed title on the drivers bolster and just walk away laughing. That's a story to tell for years.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 04-19-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speedracer29 .........now that was f'n funny.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the plan, if no one wants it complete, pull motor, throw it in a mud truck or something along those lines, and take the hull to the dump. Not to worried about it.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
Where do I start??????
Home Depot galvanized pipe fittings everywhere on the water system.
angle aluminum for the throttle linkage
PVC exhaust pipe
Basset jet boat headers
disastrous wiring
more extension spring than my garage door opened
Rubber pvc couplers
Lets not even get into the "race"engine 11:1 compression????
Admittedly if the engine has what is suppose to be in it, It might be a good engine for a street car but not a boat. If the guy had 30gs into the engine he got suckered.
I understand your position Ryan. You probably got it for a really really good price (I hope) and hope to flip it, but holy crap its amazing what people can turn a good boat into a piece of crap. To make it into an sterndrive boat again, we all know it will need a new transom and possibly stringers, then you rebuilding the whole rest of the boat.
Dont be so hard on him, Uncle Bill needed something to do with the motor after he wrecked the Camaro....
Old 04-19-2017, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Ryan you have to do a top speed run and record it, there is a lot of people checking this boat out on here and Facebook. If you can really get it to 80 I think everyone will be floored. I do not want you to wreck or get hurt in the boat, it would just be something if it did move out.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Ryan you have to do a top speed run and record it, there is a lot of people checking this boat out on here and Facebook. If you can really get it to 80 I think everyone will be floored. I do not want you to wreck or get hurt in the boat, it would just be something if it did move out.
I can see the advert already.......

WANTED. Crash test dummy with razor sharp reflexes and huge stones to pilot a modified boat at high speed ONCE. Previous boating experience preferred but not essential.

Ryan, sorry mate, just having fun. Obviously your boat has issues, hope you can do alright and get some decent money on the engine, perhaps a taker for the boat.

RR
Old 04-20-2017, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke427
I'm trying to get the purpose of the pole off to the side with the two springs coming off of it. What the heck is that for?
No one has ever told him about "zip-ties".

Sorry RyanWilburn, didn't mean to join the pile on. This thread is for boats and other stuff to laugh at though.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 04-20-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.