Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which causes more divorces, Cigarette or Fountain? >

Which causes more divorces, Cigarette or Fountain?

Notices

Which causes more divorces, Cigarette or Fountain?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Or. How many guys bought a cig or fountain after their divorce. I'm working on it. Lol
When Fountain first hit the market in the 80's with the 33' Executioner, I really thought I wanted one. A few years later, I got on a 38' Fountain at a boat show and it felt a whole lot smaller than my 312 Stinger. I'm 6' 3" & 250 (not exactly a small guy) and just couldn't get comfortable on that boat, although the wife (now ex of 14 yrs) did like it. I have met Reggie, and was pretty sure that Reggie designed them for guys "his" size. I feel much less cramped up in my old Stinger & and also feel like I have more boat around & under me. I run Lake Michigan most of the time, and it can turn to chit in no time flat. That being said, if I had the checkbook for it, I'd probably order up a Cig Huntress with a flock of egg beaters on the back if I was in the market for a new ride. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find a heck of a deal on one that is ..."for sale due to divorce!"
Old 07-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
When Fountain first hit the market in the 80's with the 33' Executioner, I really thought I wanted one. A few years later, I got on a 38' Fountain at a boat show and it felt a whole lot smaller than my 312 Stinger. I'm 6' 3" & 250 (not exactly a small guy) and just couldn't get comfortable on that boat, although the wife (now ex of 14 yrs) did like it. I have met Reggie, and was pretty sure that Reggie designed them for guys "his" size. I feel much less cramped up in my old Stinger & and also feel like I have more boat around & under me. I run Lake Michigan most of the time, and it can turn to chit in no time flat. That being said, if I had the checkbook for it, I'd probably order up a Cig Huntress with a flock of egg beaters on the back if I was in the market for a new ride. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find a heck of a deal on one that is ..."for sale due to divorce!"
felt a lot smaller than your 312 stinger,,,hmmmm
Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I like to tell people I have "No wife, no ex-wife, no kids and all of my s#!t."

Of course, at the moment, I have no boat so WTH do I know about this subject.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Another way to look at it......................
What brand boat does the ex-wifes new husband have ?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Obviously they were designed for smaller people, hint hint.. no big girls. Reggie was thinking about skanks while designing. Thanks Reggie!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I once sat in a Lambo at the dealership. I also could not get comfortable in it. Plus, I like traveling at high rates of speed, with more car around me and under me. The streets of Chicago can get pretty rough with potholes, and its nice not having those low profile racing tires. So I passed on buying the lambo, and kept my $hitwagon too. I feel your pain.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I once sat in a Lambo at the dealership. I also could not get comfortable in it. Plus, I like traveling at high rates of speed, with more car around me and under me. The streets of Chicago can get pretty rough with potholes, and its nice not having those low profile racing tires. So I passed on buying the lambo, and kept my $hitwagon too. I feel your pain.
All joking aside, I really didn't feel that comfortable in the 38 Fountain, but the 42 was another story. Found a 42 Signature with a blown center engine that was repo'd I liked it & wanted to buy it, and the wife (ex) didn't like it... can't win!

As far as Lambos go, My son sat in a Lambo & Ferrari at a Chicago dealership (was there with his mother) and tried to tell me that he was comfortable in either... yeah right. He is 6-8 290, and was trying to figure out what supercar he was going to buy after college when he had a NFL contract. He did wise up and decide to pursue Medicine instead of football, figuring he'll have a longer career but still swears he can fit into either of the cars he sat in.

Last edited by offshore312; 07-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I once sat in a Lambo at the dealership. I also could not get comfortable in it.
It's the little pedals. Wear a pair of Bruno Magli's the next time you go Lambo shopping, WORLDS of difference. I can't recommend the same for boat shopping....

Last edited by Speedracer29; 07-02-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things can be replaced....I did so much better without my old wife and my old boat. Replaced both and believe it or not, both ride and perform
better! I am a lucky guy what can I say!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
I gonna say cigs because they have that #1 on the side of there boats
Ha i get it yeah. Cigs for sure. Also cause Most of the Fountain owners were cool before the got the boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.