ATECO Engines My Experience

Notices

ATECO Engines My Experience

Old 01-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
I dont know why more people from here dont deal with the Teague,s , Gary @ GT perf or Bob @ teague cust marine , done deal .
because guys like me don't have 50,000.00 for engines in a 20,000.00 boat...... I am lucky I have a very good guy local to me that I trust for over 20 years, never been let down... also assemble my own so that'
s a difference also...
Old 01-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I dont know why more people from here dont deal with the Teague,s , Gary @ GT perf or Bob @ teague cust marine , done deal .
I know of several builds where the person told me "I can't afford to go with known, reliable builder X because they are too expensive". Then the excuses, delays, etc. ensue and finally an inferior product is delivered that leads to problems, frustration, downtime, etc. In the end I always want to ask, "tell me again how builder X was more expensive?" I have a buddy that had a bad experience with a popular builder from MI that didn't deliver what was promised for the price and the motor only lasted 60 hours before it lost all compression (hack valve job). With his new boat, he listened to me and went to Eddie Young. This summer, he said he wanted to hug me.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I know of several builds where the person told me "I can't afford to go with known, reliable builder X because they are too expensive". Then the excuses, delays, etc. ensue and finally an inferior product is delivered that leads to problems, frustration, downtime, etc. In the end I always want to ask, "tell me again how builder X was more expensive?" I have a buddy that had a bad experience with a popular builder from MI that didn't deliver what was promised for the price and the motor only lasted 60 hours before it lost all compression (hack valve job). With his new boat, he listened to me and went to Eddie Young. This summer, he said he wanted to hug me.
Hug you or smack you , Think again been there done that . poof
Old 01-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

So far his is a hug build as was my other buddy's Brad Smith build. The EY blown 540 ran liked a raped ape all summer long. I believe the only problems were a loose bolt on the seawater pump bracket and the hose from the helm to the power steering pump should have been routed better as it ended up leaking at the fitting due to the too sharp a bend it had to make at the pump. Otherwise, all smiles.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

It's really all in who you trust, was just on phone with Bob M and we were talking about nightmares, like he said there are also plenty of unknown good guys also out there, because a bad word spreads WAY faster then a good word....
Old 01-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Gold Member

there seems to be a lot of people getting bent over on marine motor rebuilds and re-powers.every month there is a new thread here with someone not happy with there builder.whats up with that?i wish I had of gone with a real engine builder instead of the dumb-pluck that I did.now,5k later I am paying for my stupitey and poor judgement.when is it going to stop?or has it been like this all along?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
there seems to be a lot of people getting bent over on marine motor rebuilds and re-powers.every month there is a new thread here with someone not happy with there builder.whats up with that?i wish I had of gone with a real engine builder instead of the dumb-pluck that I did.now,5k later I am paying for my stupitey and poor judgement.when is it going to stop?or has it been like this all along?
Should probably go with Merc power and be done

Last edited by 575cat; 01-07-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

You still having good luck with your YPM motors?
Old 01-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Gold Member

Should probably go with Merc power and be done
trust me.if I had the coin.they make great stuff.....and it has a warrenty.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Registered

It has been brought to my attention that I need to read an old thread that has been recently revived on OSO. It is not customary for me to sit in front of a computer forum when there is work to be done in the shop, but I see that I need to make an exception and reach out to a customer who is feeling slighted.

Randy, I am sorry to have taken so long on your project. As you know, we have been designing an affordable serpentine belt drive for your Whipple blower engine, using your stock alternator, your power steering pump and your sea pump.

As we have discussed, I have been disappointed in the quality of the parts I have received from numerous CNC shops I initially used. Last month I finally received acceptable parts for your engine. It took a while to find a suitable CNC operator with talend and available time to take on the project. I am comfortable with the parts I now have for the design.

Often times, customers want to supply parts they have collected or have purchased elsewhere, such as ebay, Racing Junk or Offshore Only and they are perfectly good parts, but don't necessarily fit together properly without some kind of modifications. In an attempt to please you and save money, I have been willing to match various mismatched engine parts that have been supplied, instead of insisting on parts that I know to be compliant for your particular engine. These different types of puzzle pieces take more time to try to fit together correctly. It can be done, it just requires machining. Initially, money is saved on parts, but ultimately lost in time and labor.

I have not avoided your calls. I am at ATECO Monday through Saturday, but I cannot always come to the phone. I try to communicate with customers when I have something to convey. I have no reason to avoid speaking with you and I apologize if you feel that way.

In an attempt to be fair to all parties concerned, I am offering 3 options to you on how we can proceed:
1. We can continue as originally planned, with everything completed and ready for you to come and watch the Dyno Testing by the end of February, at our agreed upon price.

2. I can Dyno Test the engine with the blower, and return your accessories to you. You will pay our agree upon price, minus the $1500.00 charge for the serpentine belt drive system.

3. I can refund your deposit, along with the parts you supplied, with no hard feelings.

The decision is yours.

Regards,
Bill Lawson
ATECO Engine

Last edited by Ateco; 01-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.