Notices

rc boats

Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Maybe, but it's not interesting to the wives at all! That means 10 minutes of peace and quiet!
hence the reason I race them in the fall/winter (buggies & short course trucks)...
Old 07-14-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered

Also if steering away from a RTR 9ready to run) one other area I would suggest spending a decent amount of coin is the radio. Buy a good quality radio with multi model memory. he cheaper radios simply don't have the adjustments, plus. I personally use Spektrum radios (right now the DX3R Pro). Futaba, Spektrum, Airtronics, Radio Post are a few of the better brands. I would steer clear of the "Fly Sky" brand (imported China). We have nothing but problems with those at the local tracks. They seem to bleed signal and interfere with some of the other radios, primarily the Spektrum DSM radios.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently picked up a joysway US-1 Cat off craigslist. Brushless electric running two 3s lipo's. Had it with me on the boat this weekend, and my father and I had a blast running it. Amazing how quick it is and how easy it is barrel roll it. I forsee this being another expensive hobby for me LOL.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Spartan with the 6S LiPos and it hauls aZZ.. let me see if I can post a video in a few minutes but got this last winter and need to get to working on it soon. Probably going with a quickdraw engine package but not 100% yet. It is a 64" Expresscraft carbon fiber hull and is pretty cool but needs some finishing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526013[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rc boats-photo.jpg  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Actually there is a website in China where you can get really good batteries dirt cheap. They are all I run in my race vehicles. hobbyking.com. Shipping is a bit slow, but cheap and good. I actually use their Speed Controls now as well. Turns out they are basically one of the manufactures that get "rebranded" by other companies then get a 50% mark up..... If anyone wants suggestions on which of their batteries to get let me know. I can/will take a look at the models I run in my trucks. (I put all that stuff away until the full scale toys are winterized)...
I run the Turnigy in my Spartan that I got from hobbyking. Good batteries at a lower cost.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Block
I run the Turnigy in my Spartan that I got from hobbyking. Good batteries at a lower cost.
I've run the Turnigy LiPo's, chargers, ESC's, and Servo's when I was in to RC Heli's a few years ago. They are a fraction of the cost and performed well.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the RC boat thing 15 /20 years ago. I was running all nitro boats back then as electrics was just coming in. Had a 36" Miss Atlas Van lines Hydro with a .40, a Dumas 48" Scarab S Type with twin .67 outboards, an Aeromarine Popeyes 50" cat with twin .67 inboards and an Aeromarine Miss Budweiser Hydro.I enjoyed the building more than the running but to this day I swear it is cheaper to run my Dominator. Got to admit, I would like to try one of the electrics some day.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526033[/ATTACH]
While researching my 402 I found that back in the 80's International hobbies made an exact 1/9th scale rc 402 sr1. Needless to say had to find one found a bare hull then the outdrives and .67 nitro engines. rcuniverse.com has some great forums on nitro and electric boats and the people on the forums are great.
Attached Thumbnails rc boats-toy-boat.jpg   rc boats-061913194115toy-boat-van.jpg  
Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

id like to thank everybody for all the input,i am going to go to a local hobby shop and take a look at what they have and try to educate myself before i buy one.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I run a 50" gasser that is reliable as it gets and runs on gas/oil mix like weed eater for 45min on a tank full....... for $500 on ebay/cl or so you will be up an running and drawing a crowd. [ATTACH=CONFIG]526047[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rc boats-new-graphics.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.