Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
will speed wax keep barnicles from attaching themselves to you boat >

will speed wax keep barnicles from attaching themselves to you boat

Notices

will speed wax keep barnicles from attaching themselves to you boat

Old 07-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i plan to keep it right in front of the public beach where i live, so a floating dock of any kind is out of the question. the other guy is getting by with no floating dock and his boat is in the water 24/7 and has been for months... just trying to figure out what's the best thing i can use to wipe it down a couple of times a week.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ratman, I have been trialling an ultra sonic system for anti fouling for some 4 months now on my 45ft Sport Fisher and I must say that I am impressed. I have 4 year old anti foul paint which was cleaned then fitted two transducers. No growth yet, the boat has not moved from the berth since the system was fitted and all I have a some slight slime on the hull. Best option would be to use this system on a boat with no bottom paint, just original gell.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

We moored our boat in front of the beach all summer year ago. Provided the boat moved on a daily or every other day basis, nothing would grow on it. Now if you leave it for a week without moving you are gonna be cleaning the bottom. However, if it stays in the water, the slime washes right off with a regular rag in 15 minutes with a snorkel. This was straight gel coat bottom.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
lol
are you also taking in the fact that you'll probably beach it a few times,,usually after a few drinks and by accident.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
are you also taking in the fact that you'll probably beach it a few times,,usually after a few drinks and by accident.
i almost never drink, so that isnt an issue even though colombia has no laws about drinking and boating that im aware of, but there are very few pleasure boater here. lol

my big concern is hitting a coral head.. there are a lot of shallow areas near the island where we are building our hotel. i plan to hire an experienced capt that knows the waters, and set up a few gps routes so i can safely run at speed to and from the island...
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilson Custom Marine has a new coating based on nanotechnology that it says is working great with propellers. The manufacturer has a separate one for hull bottoms and for above decks. http://www.boatingmag.com/nanotechno...ustom-coatings
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Colby
Wilson Custom Marine has a new coating based on nanotechnology that it says is working great with propellers. The manufacturer has a separate one for hull bottoms and for above decks. http://www.boatingmag.com/nanotechno...ustom-coatings
dayum bro a grand for the propeller kit... thats 2 million pesos and colombians work for 2,000 to 3,000 pesos and hour i can have that boat hand scrubbed for a couple of years for that kind of coin, just trying to figure our the best thing to scrub it with. plus that fact i would have to pay a few bucks to pull and re launch the boat...