Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any 1st time boat owners that launched their boat solo the lst time out? >

Any 1st time boat owners that launched their boat solo the lst time out?

Notices

Any 1st time boat owners that launched their boat solo the lst time out?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Put a blender in an exhaust and you are right, it will get hot. It also won't do a very good job reducing emissions.

Maybe I didn't understand your statement when you said heat is why catalytic converters work. It is true they do in fact get hot, but it takes more than heat to reduce emissions in an exhaust system. Perhaps I am reading more into your point than I should, it is a Friday night and the last thing a sane person should be doing is thinking about how a catalytic converter works.

Enjoy your evening.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:38 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

The Non Ultra Walker Converters don't work very well....and they get hot enough.

LOL.

Actually not LOL - they've cost me $$$ and time those f*kers have.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by motoracerx
I went back out and took the hose off. Didn't see any tears, clamp seemed fine. Re-clamped it and no leak.

I think he had the clamp too close to the cooler itself where the 1" outlet tube is more chamfered or beveled at the cooler and the clamp wasn't seated squarely on the outlet tube. Make sense? Chamfered/beveled may not be correct terminology.

All is not lost. Gonna have to wait til tomorrow though. I wanna be the lst on the ramp.
Good for you noticing and fixing - obviously suks it happens, but, to have something so simple and so simple to do by mistake, would be horrible to miss time over it.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a tip. You mentioned after pulling the boat out you had a gap between bow and trailer roller. That can happen depending on the angle of the ramp. Just get on level ground, drive at 5 mph or so and stab the brakes. She'll snug right up to the roller and then just tighten your winch!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Here's a tip. You mentioned after pulling the boat out you had a gap between bow and trailer roller. That can happen depending on the angle of the ramp. Just get on level ground, drive at 5 mph or so and stab the brakes. She'll snug right up to the roller and then just tighten your winch!
Thanks guys.

Took the boat out for the 2nd time on Labor day.
Launch went smooth. Had my girl rollback the trailer/boat about 2' and stab the brakes...boat slid right off.

Boat ran great and cool, 120. Practiced my planing. Realized that i just wasnt 'punching' it hard enough. Tabs down, drive down , 1500-ish rpm, then gas it about 2/3's throttle, within a couple secs im on plane . Boat likes the tabs to be down slightly while cruising. Water was on the rough side, 2-4' chop. Got up to 45mph gps at about 3800 and thats all i felt comfy with.

I csn roadrace motorcycles on closed curcuits , rubbing elbows at 140mph with knees on the ground, but 50mph on water seems a bit more hairy for some reason.

I think my number 2 battery is dead, so i went to wallyworld and bought an everstart marine battery and took it with me. Hopefully soon, i can be confudent enough in the boat not to bring a 100 lb toolbox each time out.

Loading the boat went good. Its a major PITA, tieing the boat up, walking to get the truck, etc.
Biggest problem/concern i have is people
Pulling in next to me to load. I want lotsa room on either side.
It was windy and choppy but i stuck the landing.
Boat was up on the roller, but when girl released brake, truck rolled back an inch and it spooked her so she gassed ut. Boat slude back about 2".

I was going to back into the water again, but i decided to keave it be. Nice tip on scooting the boat back up for sure.

Boat is at the marine upholstery shop. Sunpad weighed about 300 lbs due to sitting out with a useless cockpit cover. Foam and wood in great shape i was told, so just drying it out.
Also had the glove box reattached with a new frame.
And, am having a custom cockpit cover made with Weathermax 80.

Due to have boat back monday.

Thanks again