Notices

Finally!

Old 08-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I knew a guy once that said they are all the same, just different addresses.

But I never took any of his "advice" as he had been married 3 times.......
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Why would so many people in our sport, who are probably without question the most hated category of watercraft out there, hate PWC's so much? ....... I love jet skis, as we have 5 of them but have been doing it since the early 90's and follow all the rules of the water.

From my experience, if you're following the rules of the water on a PWC, you are the exception, not the rule. I don't hate PWC's, they are just inanimate objects.... I think the small size, manueverability, low cost, and prevalence of PWCs adds to the generally poor operating manners of inexperienced riders.
I have friends with PWCs, and someone is always begging to borrow them, but none of our mutual friends have ever asked to borrow the boats. They may fear launching, or don't want to learn how to operate a boat, or they already have an idea what the answer would be, but in any case, nobody asks for the boats, only the PWCs.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what the hello a personal water craft is, but I love jet skis, especially the kind you stand up to ride.( As long as someone with a brain is operating it.) that is all
Old 08-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Ohio anyone that operates a watercraft with more than 10hp must have a boaters safety certificate if born after 1983. I sell watercraft and encourage anyone that is buying to take the course. Also to know the basic rules of navigation. I can't say that they all do but at least I try to make them aware. If stopped on the water in Ohio you will be asked if you have this certification.

As for the other debate my votes is for the beaches! They are way more fun!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Thumbs down

35? Talk about the government over stepping its authority.
You can go fight and die for our country at 18 but DONT RIDE THAT JET SKI!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yes, but the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard all offer the 18-year-old basic and specialized training programs....
Driving anything on public domain is a privilege, not a right. With privilege comes responsibility.
Many school districts offer the Michigan boater safety program as part of the curriculum in middle-school, and the program is offered at no cost at various locations to adults. The news article points to the fact that the individuals ticketed believe they should have been notified, but the onus was on them, ultimately.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 08-28-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I've hunted down a few 50+'rs with a young child on the back that have crossed right in front of my boat oblivious to anything else going on.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

FWIW, I'm pretty sure there's at least one state in the union with really lax PWC regulation... I encourage the unlicensed and uninformed PWC owners/operators to seek out that state and move/vacation/operate their PWCs there. Heck, stop by some of my local lakes and pick up a half dozen or so.... Make it a party of Darwin-esque proportions.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SimonS32
In Ohio anyone that operates a watercraft with more than 10hp must have a boaters safety certificate if born after 1983. I sell watercraft and encourage anyone that is buying to take the course. Also to know the basic rules of navigation. I can't say that they all do but at least I try to make them aware. If stopped on the water in Ohio you will be asked if you have this certification.

As for the other debate my votes is for the beaches! They are way more fun!!!
And anyone in Michigan who carries a concealed gun must have a license and registration for said gun which entails proper training. Therefore, only those with proper training and permits own/carry guns right? (sarcasm intended). Point is, these laws affect the law abiders, i.e. the 34 year old father of three on vacation who gets a safety check from the po-po. We can't legislate common sense and decency and respect back into our society. Are PWC's a PITA? yeah, alot of the time. WIll a ticket and safety course eliminate that? doubtful.

Is a horsepower limit on boats over 20 foot with a driver under 50 on a non-closed off course in the future? I hope not

I see your original point Joe and I didn't mean to bust on ya. I'll put up with a ton of guff from my fellow citizen and look for resolve in a civil way between him and I before I will give up my freedoms to some dudes who think they know how we "ought" to be controlled.
No, I haven't had too much coffee, just airing it out.

Carry on with the pics
Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This law has been in place for a while in MI..... At least the last 5 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.