Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening? >

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Notices

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Skank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peRmoEQ8AV0
Old 09-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man I forgot what a piece of $hit movie that was.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical "New" Baja owner..........

Last edited by Baja_Bigdog; 09-16-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added smiley
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
Typical "New" Baja owner..........
You can hardly even see the screws for the cabin side panels. Baja - "You asked for more couch and we gave it to you, we can now seat up to 8 men in the cabin. Of course this came as a compromise, so the area that is normally used for a bed is now downsized to a small storage area for throw pillows and life vests.......you won't be hooking up, so you won't need a bed anyway"
Old 09-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmao ^
Old 09-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
You can hardly even see the screws for the cabin side panels. Baja - "You asked for more couch and we gave it to you, we can now seat up to 8 men ( aka Sausage Fest) in the cabin. Of course this came as a compromise, so the area that is normally used for a bed is now downsized to a small storage area for throw pillows and life vests.......you won't be hooking up, so you won't need a bed anyway"
Fixed it for you......
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
That's cool how you started a Michigan vs. Ohio thing on a Fountain vs. Baja thread. You are a true instigator, sir, and my hat is off to you.
Not to throw any fuel on the inferno, but is either the even relevant this year? Lol
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
That's cool how you started a Michigan vs. Ohio thing on a Fountain vs. Baja thread. You are a true instigator, sir, and my hat is off to you.
Just proving a point !!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
I might be stepping on a few toes here, but someone did open up the door.... (Just to be fair, I know a few Fountain owners that do not necessarily fit what I am about to write, but you be the judge)

There is 2 class of owners, the Baja owners and the Fountain owners. The Baja People seem to be the people that gravitate towards Muscle cars, Corvettes and Beer. Fountain guys like their Porches, (Any German Cars) and mixed drinks.

Baja Owners will be friendly toward everyone around them and will generally gravitate towards other Baja Owners when tying up. The Fountain Guys will try and fit in where they are most likely going to make a "look at me statement".

Baja's in the Market: In the Larger sizes (29'-40') I think you will find for the age/cost a better taken care of boat. Most Baja Owners are on a tighter boating budget so they take better care of what they have. Fountain Owners run the piss out of the boat, right out of the gate, because.... Well they are faster... I think this is why later in the selling process, you will often see a Baja for the same price as a Fountain in it's respective length. The Baja was substantially less in Original Cost, but held it value better over time, not because it was a better made boat, but it was generally better taken care of.

Looks: Baja's look like a Cigarette (Classic Offshore Hull), Fountains Don't... This is Totally subjective, but personally.... I prefer the more classic offshore lines. (NO BEAK!)

Say what you want about the Skanks... But I have found the Baja Girls also had brains and looks, not JUST the bolt of goodies with glassing eyed conversations....

Of course.... I may be prejudiced about Baja's...
Baja,........ is fortunate there are customers like you that would consider investing in one of there boats.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Baja,........ is fortunate there are customers like you that would consider investing in one of their boats.
Fixed it for ya Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.