Notices

Mariah boats question

Old 09-09-2014, 12:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am very familiar with Mariah boats. I sold them plus many used apps thru out the years. Ft. Worth TX had the largest Mariah base in the world at one time with sales of 400 boats per year back in the 90's around 1994 thru 1997. The Mariah boat company grew very fast and some of their gel work sucked. Also a lot of the hull bottoms in a short timeframe got blisters on the bottom . One of the reasons for it was because they had so many dealers orders to fill that they pop the hulls from the molds too soon to get boats built for their dealer base. really a lot of boats were built hurry lets get as many boats built as fast as we can. Overall they were good boats but not Cobalts.but 10 times better than Larsons & Glastrons and so on.

They used a lot of XL 10 marine plywood from the North West so check for rot. very late 1998 models until they went under in 2001 they used a lot less wood and went to a lot more composite builds. 95% of their boats built used mercruiser power and drives. Also a lot of their stuff like power seat adjustment, power up and down anchor light and power electric engine hatch did not work after some time. .

Last edited by BUP; 09-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.