SBI Unlimited Class Offered New Schedule for 2015

Notices

SBI Unlimited Class Offered New Schedule for 2015

Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
We may only agree to disagree on this topic,,,,,,,

But, this will not kill the class, it will transition it from a hobby to a professional sport.

It is irrational to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect that it will produce better racing results the next season.
Changing the structure for SBI-SV (SVL) for annual fee of ($15 - $25,000) per team would be an investment towards professional racing,
It is a time to stop celebrating the past and shape the future of the professional sport
Give it a try with the SBI SVL teams. You may be on to something.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

But, this will not kill the class, it will transition it from a hobby to a professional sport.

It is irrational to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect that it will produce better racing results the next season.
Changing the structure for SBI-SV (SVL) for annual fee of ($15 - $25,000) per team would be an investment towards professional racing,
It is a time to stop celebrating the past and shape the future of the professional sport
you might actually attract a group of racers who don't penalize success
Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG ...this thread cracks me up. you guys are so funny.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doc, this is the most intelligent reply I have ever read! Thank you! And you are 100% correct!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superheat
Doc, this is the most intelligent reply I have ever read! Thank you! And you are 100% correct!
I'm a little confused. How does it transition from a hobby to a professional sport when the owners are still paying?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
I'm a little confused. How does it transition from a hobby to a professional sport when the owners are still paying?
Well, I don't know crap about professional poker, but don't the players have to buy in? If so, the same principle applies here. If not ... as I said, I don't know crap about professional poker, which, in my admittedly biased opinion is a game and not a sport. But I digress.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Registered

What's the difference between professional poker and amateur poker? Don't they both have to buy in?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
What's the difference between professional poker and amateur poker? Don't they both have to buy in?
Yes, but that's beside the point. The point I believe you were trying to make earlier was that professionals don't pay, they get paid, and in the strictest sense of the word "professional" that's true. My point was simply that there is at least one "professional" game where the players pay to compete. (They also have to qualify.)

But, to answer your question: The difference between professional and amateur poker players is that professionals do it for a living—it's their full-time job. That's not to say professionalism can't be a part of "amateur" (per dictionary.com, "a person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid basis.") sports—certainly there are teams in offshore racing that conduct themselves professionally—but that's a difference discussion.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 09-25-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

My thing is why make the teams pay for their own purse? Especially after paying all the other fees.. A bunch of large companies with certain rights given to them could possibly jump on if one took the time to hustle. Don't rely on the city's for the money but look at Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser, miller, etc for a primary of SBI like NASCAR does for each race site. And then the cities, sub sponsors carry the rest of the bills. it isn't easy, but it can be done. Example "coke cola worlds key west". If the big corp gathered some name brand sponsorship the other name brands would fallow suit and the sport would get some movement again..
Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superheat
Sorry, type o
Geico! Lol!
You still got it wrong. That's Miss Geico.

Last edited by wingnit; 09-25-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.