Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It looks like Crane is not the valve train component for me! >

It looks like Crane is not the valve train component for me!

Notices

It looks like Crane is not the valve train component for me!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad Ryan stopped running the engine when he did because the #8 exhaust lifter was about to fail just like the other engine. Blocks have been cleaned up and being honed. Ryan said there is a lot of variation in the sizes of the cylinders. Got the new heads from afr & Ryan is going through them to make sure everything is right. I see the Sultan of Silicone is advertising again.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:15 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Who is Ryan - is he building your engines now ?

I'll say it again anytime you see a marine engine builder and or a marine tech using silicone on engine parts or even on the outdrives , its a builder and tech you want to stay away from completely. In the industry they are called shadetrees.

Last edited by BUP; 01-03-2015 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well if that's true then Bullet Engines must be shade tree.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hAVE TO WOUNDER IF IT WAS RUN ON A dYNO IF A BREAK IN WAS DONE before making power runs. Have seen many engines blow doing power runs without a 5 to 8 hour break in soon after installing in a vehicle. Some with only a few hrs or minits after first use.
Rockers I always used Crane gold rockers didnt know they made blue except ones Crane made for Ford Motorsports. uhjyjjy76 < my cats thoughts on this thik she just cussed out the builder.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you read the thread this is about two engines that have been in my boat and ran for 2 seasons. The person building the engines now is "Precision" on here. Retter Engine Development, the original builder was Bullet Engines in Kingston Ontario.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Registered

Silly question but why have so many manf in the valve train..ive always had great luck with crower and there tech line is great. They will grind anything you want and there roller rockers are great...just my .02
Old 01-10-2015, 12:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo2256b
hAVE TO WOUNDER IF IT WAS RUN ON A dYNO IF A BREAK IN WAS DONE before making power runs. Have seen many engines blow doing power runs without a 5 to 8 hour break in soon after installing in a vehicle. Some with only a few hrs or minits after first use.
Rockers I always used Crane gold rockers didnt know they made blue except ones Crane made for Ford Motorsports. uhjyjjy76 < my cats thoughts on this thik she just cussed out the builder.
Break in is basically up to temp on a full roller engine... If it's built right it will he fine.... Break in is a thing of the past bud...
Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Registered

im in the middle of my first marine build but i agree with full force. on my mustangs i run them for 3-5 minutes to check for leaks, then i make 3 full 1-4 gear pulls wide open. as little run time as possible at idle. try to hold them around 1500 until i can WOT. they are either right or theyre not. i want to know fast. i treat the isx, m11, B, C, L, N14 cummins engines the same way.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just found this thread.... i am surprised they ran 100 hours with no issues... Bullet engine seems to be a very unreliable engine builder.. It blows my mind how these guys stay in business!!!!!! I hope people read these threads!!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

some of the pushrods were 3/16" of the roller rockers on 2 engines he did for me!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.