Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat? >

Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?

Notices

Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?

Old 10-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if mine is considered a go fast only does 55-57 but I fish with it, have done lots of Bahamas trips with it. I go from Miami to Great Harbour Cay in 3 hrs cruising at 50 mph and only burn 75 gallons. No AC but the "cabin" only has a head.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

My 30 Concept CC was purchased by the original owner with 90% of its purpose to be fishing. It does not sound like the size boat your talking about. But It is more than capable of fishing. I have also used it for fishing some. So yes you can certainty use them for fishing it just needs to have the provisions.

I have a buddy with a 38 Fountain CC (trip Verados). He keeps it in O.C., MD and fishing is all he uses it for.

My opinion is thats what a center console was originally for...fishing. It has just morphed into the new water MPV.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
SS how do you use the transom tower?
The transom tower:
We designed it for the purpose of pulling tubes for the kids at LOTO, and then installed the foward facing speakers. As you imagine it puts out large flat wake, and was ideal for pulling large inflatable rafts.

Last edited by Saratoga Stamped; 10-01-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: correction
Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a powerplay. It's already loaded with rod holders on the gunwale and t top. I'll fish it lightly & clean
Old 10-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

This is all you need to fish off of a performance CC!
Attached Thumbnails Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?-ronco.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered

Brad, I just sold a 34 triple NORTECH last year. Boat was awesome but needed what your looking for. I used my boat at Lake Erie. I do fish at least 3-4 times a month in the summer months. Had not one issue with my NORTECH. I just couldn't sleep on it. It's mostly my wife and I when we travel. I considered another NORTECH cuddy but the factory was busy and I fell in love with the statement. The statement had a few things different that my wife and I really loved. The L shape seating in rear, the remote control lounge on front of boat for tanning and relaxing. The cuddy is truly one of the nicest I have seen. The head under the helm has 6'5 headroom. We elected to install ac and shore power, huge stereo, solid bed up front with nice mattress for comfort. We plan to be at key west poker run with the FPC. Boat will be in Lauderdale show. Feel free to stop to look at it. It will be matador red Lexus color with cream gel coat. We wanted to do some sightseeing and traveling for the winter months and have decided to go this way. So far Craig and nick have been great to work with at statement so far.

I think this is an idea boat for our needs. We like to fish, sight see, party loud, go fast, entertain, go home with no worries. Meaning trash boat spray it down wax a few times a year and have the best of both worlds. Now if they could just get the sound where it needs to be we would all have a fix...I'mdone cleaning every single inch of my GOFAST every single use...Not to mention zero comfort with very few friends to accommodate.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

You know the more I hear people wanting cabins, AC, etc I think a OB cruiser would fit the bill if someone made one.

Then again I guess Fountain used to build something like that. Forget what it was called but 38 foot, most I seen had trip OB's and a pretty good size cabin with a hardtop.

I think 10' beam?
Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered

I bought an older 33 Donzi CC "Crossbow" hull stricktly for fishing in the Keys. Its not exactly fast, 55 tops with twin 225 Ocean Runners, but it will comfortably cruise 40-45 in 4-6ft. seas. It has a small cabin that tightly sleeps 2, vacuflush head, sink, and fridge. Eventually I will add AC. The boat is surprisingly laid out well for offshore fishing, 300 gallon fuel tank, huge fishbox and baitwell It has a high pressure and low pressure freshwater transom shower which comes in handy after a thrashing wahoo covers the entire rear of the boat in blood. The one thing that I don't like about this narrow style hull is that it tends to rock rubrail to rubrail while trolling crosswind in heavy seas. Check out the 4200 Hydra Sport. I've never seen a dedicated fishing CC built with so much class.

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 10-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Just remembered. .....
There's a reasonably priced mako cc on the hull truth. It wasn't sexy but it had a pretty awesome layout, and was definitely a Swiss army knife. It has f350s on the back. I think it's a 60 mph boat.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Registered

Pursuit makes one and so does searay.

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You know the more I hear people wanting cabins, AC, etc I think a OB cruiser would fit the bill if someone made one.

Then again I guess Fountain used to build something like that. Forget what it was called but 38 foot, most I seen had trip OB's and a pretty good size cabin with a hardtop.

I think 10' beam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.