Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat? >

Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?

Notices

Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a 35 Marlago CC this year. It has removable seats in the back, a live well, big fish boxes in the floor, and a 10 foot v berth. The head has 6 feet of headroom and a vacu flush toilet. It cruises 40-45 at 1.3 mpg. Mine has 8 rod holders and I have seen them with more. All that said, it will never see a fish while I own it, but I know there are several used as charters up and down the east coast. It is absolutely the most versatile boat I have owned and the wife loves it. I think the biggest thing for fishing would be how easy it is to remove the seating, even better if it folds away.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTECH-ANGLER
Pursuit makes one and so does searay.
Jupiter too
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
I'm in the market for a large CC for cruising and fishing in Sou
th FL. I'm wandering if anyone on this site with a CC does any fishing and how well do their boats perform at this duty. The boats that I have interest have AC's in their small cabins to get away from the hear, do any members have this option and if so how well does it work?
Thanks
Brad

1. Performance CC's aren't set up for fishing. Way too much bling aboard to deal with blood/fish guts splattering everywhere.
2. Cuddy's are great for sales, horrible in real world use. They are cramped and bob like a cork on even a marginal day. AC or not, nobody will use it for any amount of time, think of it as luggage storage.
3. Going fast in a CC- great for driver and the person next to them. White knuckle scream ride for everyone else. In the event of a strong wind, the term "wet ride" will apply to everyone aboard in most performance CC's.

The cabin boats like the Fountain LX, Everglades 350 LX, Donzi ZSF are simply ugly pigs. They are slow, burn a ton of fuel and are great at nothing, just a boat load of compromises.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

Mystic just completed hull #1 , a 39 foot CC

we'll see if the owner will fish off of it

http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...center-console

Also I think Predator is wanting to build one of these:

Last edited by noli; 10-01-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Check out the 4200 Hydra Sport. I've never seen a dedicated fishing CC built with so much class.
4200 HS and class? They are the boating equivalent of a long wheel base custom van with cheesy paint, big block rumbling through glass packs with a disco ball hanging over the waterbed!

They are 20,000+ lb sleds loaded with bling. 1400 HP hanging off the transom and the boat still can't break 60 mph!

http://www.plantationboat.com/web/ne....google.com%2F
Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTECH-ANGLER
Brad, I just sold a 34 triple NORTECH last year. Boat was awesome but needed what your looking for. I used my boat at Lake Erie. I do fish at least 3-4 times a month in the summer months. Had not one issue with my NORTECH. I just couldn't sleep on it. It's mostly my wife and I when we travel. I considered another NORTECH cuddy but the factory was busy and I fell in love with the statement. The statement had a few things different that my wife and I really loved. The L shape seating in rear, the remote control lounge on front of boat for tanning and relaxing. The cuddy is truly one of the nicest I have seen. The head under the helm has 6'5 headroom. We elected to install ac and shore power, huge stereo, solid bed up front with nice mattress for comfort. We plan to be at key west poker run with the FPC. Boat will be in Lauderdale show. Feel free to stop to look at it. It will be matador red Lexus color with cream gel coat. We wanted to do some sightseeing and traveling for the winter months and have decided to go this way. So far Craig and nick have been great to work with at statement so far.

I think this is an idea boat for our needs. We like to fish, sight see, party loud, go fast, entertain, go home with no worries. Meaning trash boat spray it down wax a few times a year and have the best of both worlds. Now if they could just get the sound where it needs to be we would all have a fix...I'mdone cleaning every single inch of my GOFAST every single use...Not to mention zero comfort with very few friends to accommodate.

Hard to beat them brother.

From Sun at the Clearwater Boat races.

This one had the full couch (not just the L) with a upgraded radio, coolers, and helm storage.

12-14 people, 38', 2-300's, and cruise was a low/mid 40mph.

Mine and my buds 41 apache are sandwiched between 2 - 38' Statements (white and black ones).
Old 10-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

3. Going fast in a CC- great for driver and the person next to them. White knuckle scream ride for everyone else. In the event of a strong wind, the term "wet ride" will apply to everyone aboard in most performance CC's

Guess you never rode on a 39 Nortech
Attached Thumbnails Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?-image.jpg   Do any of the Go Fast CC owners here fish on their boat?-lori-bt.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
I just got a 35 Marlago CC this year. It has removable seats in the back, a live well, big fish boxes in the floor, and a 10 foot v berth. The head has 6 feet of headroom and a vacu flush toilet. It cruises 40-45 at 1.3 mpg. Mine has 8 rod holders and I have seen them with more. All that said, it will never see a fish while I own it, but I know there are several used as charters up and down the east coast. It is absolutely the most versatile boat I have owned and the wife loves it. I think the biggest thing for fishing would be how easy it is to remove the seating, even better if it folds away.
What engines does it have? The mpg seems a little low to me?

How much fuel do they hold?
Old 10-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
3. Going fast in a CC- great for driver and the person next to them. White knuckle scream ride for everyone else. In the event of a strong wind, the term "wet ride" will apply to everyone aboard in most performance CC's

Guess you never rode on a 39 Nortech
Or a 36 or 38 Statement

Shot from the rail going high 40's with about 12 people on board.......was dry as could be.

Invitation only fly bye: http://youtu.be/zsYdIo0fVHw
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
What engines does it have? The mpg seems a little low to me?

How much fuel do they hold?
I get 1.3 mpg at 53 mph with positive trim(2.5) on trip 300 nortech 39 cc. Thats it's sweet spot for mileage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.