Notices

A question about TWINS

Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SaltyDogs
If its there its there. If not then someone else got a great deal. I am sure there will be others if that one is not there.
my buddy has the same boat, it had twin SB in it, now being repowered with 525's, with the SST package you get some really nice stuff like ext. steering, larger k planes and more
Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to convince the OL that the TWINS!!! are a better investment. We want something thats comfortable to be on all day and even do a few over night trips too. We want to live on the water next season on the weekends. I was looking at a 27' Checkmate with a single 496HO and the Baja is only $4-5k more. Any others to investigate while I am looking? Knowing my luck, that Baja will be gone soon, I do not want to go into it so quick that I have buyers remorse after the newness wears off.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Remember that's asking price, its the end of the year and they don't want to set on it all winter, if its what they say it is it wont last.

And TWINS in the Midwest are awesome to
Attached Thumbnails A question about TWINS-selfie-7.jpg  
Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SaltyDogs
I am trying to convince the OL that the TWINS!!! are a better investment. We want something thats comfortable to be on all day and even do a few over night trips too. We want to live on the water next season on the weekends. I was looking at a 27' Checkmate with a single 496HO and the Baja is only $4-5k more. Any others to investigate while I am looking? Knowing my luck, that Baja will be gone soon, I do not want to go into it so quick that I have buyers remorse after the newness wears off.
Buyers remorse? That's funny. The way I see it none of us are completely satisfied and are always looking to the NEXT boat. Better, faster, more room did I mention faster. And if I forgot to mention faster. " faster" lol
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Remember that's asking price, its the end of the year and they don't want to set on it all winter, if its what they say it is it wont last.

And TWINS in the Midwest are awesome to
No women compare to Midwest women. None, uh uh, Nada, ain't happenin.

And that's why I'm a boat owner.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Twins
They eat gas like no tomorrow. If you boat on a small lake where you cant run on plane for miles it will help.

My new boat 31' scarab...... seems like everytime I looked down at fuel gauge it moved LOL
Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

If you like the Baja, put a deposit on it and have a survey done. Check for rot and Check for skeg damage hiding under those covers. At that price if boat checks out you really can't get hurt if you want to sell it sooner than later. If you guys are going to use the heck out of the boat you'll be happy you bought twins. When run smart fuel consumption is not bad at all.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Figure you will average about 1mpg. Sometimes better and sometimes worse but averaged out with idle time and everything else if you go out for the day and run 100 miles you will burn about 100 gallons. Asking price seems pretty congruent with those around the Midwest. I wouldn't call it a steal but if everything checks out and you get into it for low $30's it seems like a decent value.

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice boat for that cash
Old 10-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

+1 for 1 mile/gallon. If you hammer down a lot, you'll get a little less, and if you're easy on the sticks, you'll get a little better. Twins are worth it though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.