Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds >

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Notices

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Old 10-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Some may call it TORTUROUS INTERFERENCE I call it fair competition. Those involved with contractual obligations to SBI are the ones who will need to tread lightly so as not to be in breach.

I'm not sure how you can fault someone else from creating a new racing series that races in the same & or other states as long as you aren't trying to compete for said same city on same date.

Hopefully SBI has deep pockets & legal team on retainer to handle that title bout.
Fair is good SBI has no issue with other org it health competition. But contacting cities with multi yr contract isn't the right approach in my opion. Fair is lets see how good ur business plan is , lets see what new and exciting cities u can get. Not taking what already exciting and putting different org letters in front of them, and that does what ???? John had a meeting with Steve in Clearwater and Steve lied to his face but he has to live with that. There is so much more that no one has a clue but fast so to make assumption. If u remember SBI had a joint worlds a few back and invited APBA, and OSS with no issue.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-18-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

So ban Steve Curtis if you absolutely have to, but why the whole Qatar team??? He is one of 6 people in the boats.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
So ban Steve Curtis if you absolutely have to, but why the whole Qatar team??? He is one of 6 people in the boats.
As stated earlier ALL (EVERYTHING) all the reg documents are signed by Steve and only Steve.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So QMSF changes the official rep to someone else in the team, like Bobby Moore?...would take 10 minutes,right?

If Curtis is the one responsible for this he should resign from the QMSF org.

Last edited by Cevert; 10-18-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

One thing I notice there hasnt been much mentioned of in all this. The kids with the fountain are the ones that will pay the price for this madness. I dont have a clue what will happen but just for argument sake, what if Steve cant pull off the race? SBI has a long term contact signed with another city and possibly 2 new addition for this yr. Damn what a gamble......! Even if he does it will take yrs to try and build a boat count again. Like most of us I would very curious to hear about this business plan. Sponsors are close to impossible to get now, could u imagine a new org with no track record no schedule and no memebrs, not sure if anyone will be to quick to be writing checks. But u never know crazy things happen all the time, who thought we would be possibly be engaging in a war again with another new terrorist org.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-18-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

This is funny. Everyone is getting that head thumped by the guys with deep pockets and they don't wanna play anymore. (Truth hurts) edit* that includes sbi.

Regardless of the torturous interference (who comes up with this sh*t? ) the only people this is affecting are the people that are coming to watch.

I think I may just rent a cc and go running about the place and skip the races. If I hadn't already prepaid I'd stay in indiana. Noone can respect someone that isn't a class act... I spoke with Steve and the qatar team at the shootout - they have deep pockets, but didn't act like it to me. Alot of people having issues would be alot better off concentrating on controlling themselves when some foreigner throws money around. Reminds me of a dog with a frisbee.

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 10-18-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
This is funny. Everyone is getting that head thumped by the guys with deep pockets and they don't wanna play anymore. (Truth hurts) edit* that includes sbi.

Regardless of the torturous interference (who comes up with this sh*t? ) the only people this is affecting are the people that are coming to watch.

I think I may just rent a cc and go running about the place and skip the races. If I hadn't already prepaid I'd stay in indiana. Noone can respect someone that isn't a class act... I spoke with Steve and the qatar team at the shootout - they have deep pockets, but didn't act like it to me. Alot of people having issues would be alot better off concentrating on controlling themselves when some foreigner throws money around. Reminds me of a dog with a frisbee.
The fans arent the only ones affect by no means.
As a racer and paid member of SBI I would hope the pres. of the org. was looking out for his members so they have somewhere to race next yr. The racers are the one that have the huge investment in and equipment, and travel to a race and put our lives on the line for the fans everytime we get in a boat. REALLY ......
Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with you 95% except for the fact without fans you're all just a bunch of guys with expensive toys that are running around in a circle. No racer is a rockstar... you all put your pants on just like the rest of us.

What if Steve has good intentions ? What if he wants to grow the sport? Sbi is afraid he has enough resources they can't smother him out. Let's be honest.

Edit - by no means would I want it to negatively affect any of the racers. Just don't ride the wrong ship to the bottom... I haven't seen any offshore org. Take much pride in how the patrons were treated.

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 10-18-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Registered

Right now it the right ship not saying that might change and we will be in kw. If thing change we will decide from there.
What if Steve has bad intentions.?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
I agree with you 95% except for the fact without fans you're all just a bunch of guys with expensive toys that are running around in a circle. No racer is a rockstar... you all put your pants on just like the rest of us.

What if Steve has good intentions ? What if he wants to grow the sport? Sbi is afraid he has enough resources they can't smother him out. Let's be honest.

Edit - by no means would I want it to negatively affect any of the racers. Just don't ride the wrong ship to the bottom... I haven't seen any offshore org. Take much pride in how the patrons were treated.
I guess most racers are looking at it with caution, we have heard this all before its the exact same story we all heard from OSS, and we all know the end of the story. The racers for the most part are pretty happy the way things are, but like anything in life u can't make all of the ppl happy all of the time.

I agree 100% the fans are very important to us, its the only reason we do it. We are getting rich doing that for sure, and it cost the racers 4 times anyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.