Notices

Got #%ucked again

Old 10-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you go tot be there when the test is done to see if all cly are check or do they just put down numbers that look good for the dealer they are all in the same business of making money.They did that to my boat .
Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Hey Mike whats up?
You back on the boat?

I doubt the survey included any mechanical testing other than running and outside visual inspection,A mechanical is a completely separate survey most of the time and cost about the same if not more as a hull survey,

If Cozzi from on the board here is still working he would be the one to hire . His wife got sick a while back so don't see him here lately

I think the only leg he will have to stand on is the issue with him not informing the buyer that the hour meter is most likely incorrect as it was not functioning.
He did my survey last year and I couldn't be happier about the job and detail Ed did for me. Cause of him I could not imagine now buying a boat without a survey done......hopefully from him only.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

And this is why I say surveys are bs. Bring the boat to a marina or have a mechanic look at it. Sorry to here you got duped.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
And this is why I say surveys are bs. Bring the boat to a marina or have a mechanic look at it. Sorry to here you got duped.
Or do your homework on who you hire and why.

In any business for anything there is lack luster people and then there is the real deal. To put a broad statement out like you just did is very ignorant.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

^^ +1. The way I look at it is a survey will tell you how the boat looks. A mechanic will tell you the condition of the motors. It really takes both to make a good educated decision if your are not personally inspecting the boat.

A fellow boater had a servey done before he bought, and all the serveyer did was has have the owner start each engine. He wrote down" both engines sound good, no abnormal noises".
Old 10-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Ok fine hiring a surveyor to look at a perfoance boat is a waste. Less general and ignorant for you? I can show you 4 boats that passed surveys with flying colors that I wouldn't take out on a pond. Never mind how many people have issues like this one, and the numerous customers I have that called me because the surveyor didn't know what he was looking at. Seems more ignorant to me to not conduct the inspection and tests yourself.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Registered

Ok fine hiring a surveyor to look at a perfoance boat is a waste. Less general and ignorant for you? I can show you 4 boats that passed surveys with flying colors that I wouldn't take out on a pond. Never mind how many people have issues like this one, and the numerous customers I have that called me because the surveyor didn't know what he was looking at. Seems more ignorant to me to not conduct the inspection and tests yourself.

Where to start here...man.

So now every single person buying a performance boat now should know how to preform all proper test them self and have all the tools to do so....that is what you are saying pretty much buy how you worded your statement.

There are many people who survey who can complete the job as it should be done. It should be the buyers job to research that guy as well, performance boat or fishing boat.

Again....your comment and especially your follow up comment are very ignorant.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Not even going to bother.... Your such a genius. I'm just ignorant and can't see writing a check based on some one else's word.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

If you are competent in understanding mechanicals and hull structure then i see limited need for a surveyor. On the other hand, if you lack those skill sets, have time or travel constraints then I can see where a reputable surveyor would be invaluable. Personally, if I was using a surveyor I would ask for examples of work performed and general knowledge/accreditation.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Registered

Not even going to bother.... Your such a genius. I'm just ignorant and can't see writing a check based on some one else's word.

I am far from a genius or even a smart man.

I am smart enough though to know that when I am buying a expensive toy to do my homework all around. From survey to trailer, to the boat it self.

I would say my survey at $789 was prob one of the cheapest things I had to buy actually.

Let me guess though. Instead of doing a survey I should hire someone like you and take your word though. I get it now...cause we all know the mechanic or repair biz is one never to have had a shady person or someone that isn't as qualified as they say they are.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 10-30-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.