Turbine-Powered Statement Marine 50’ Cat Burns During FPC Key West Run

Notices

Turbine-Powered Statement Marine 50’ Cat Burns During FPC Key West Run

Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Whats your point?

Turbine marine just redid this boat and there was big plans for it next year. They are even building another turbine boat as we speak.

So where are you trying to take this?
Saw the boat in person at Miami, simply amazing.

I responded to post #7...........in a positive tone.......stating facts.

I love turbine boats and my ride in low altitude this summer just increased my passion even more!

My point was

its strange that multiple turbine boats have burned.....

But overall turbine powered vehicles throughout the world do not seem to catch on fire very often so just because we are passionate about powerboats and read news like this does not mean that turbine powered vehicles are prone to fire...

There are more turbine powered boats then the average person knows exisit....meaning a less percent have actually burned...
Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

planes fly nice and smooth, some occasional turbulence... Boats get the crap beat out of them. In Giecos case and now this, it wasn;t the turbine that failed causing the fire. They both had fluid leaks that caught fire. Due to the high heat of the turbines, the engine compartment is a very hostile environment
Old 11-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.wsvn.com/story/27319215/6...off-islamorada
Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Not making fun of the guys at all but the part of the video where it says they made it back on dry land.. And the guys are walking away... Reminds me of the movie the sand lot when the kids loose their baseball and have to go home...lol... Some times you just have to look for the humor in things.. I'm sure he will have a new baseball soon...lol..

Chris
Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Saw the boat in person at Miami, simply amazing.

I responded to post #7...........in a positive tone.......stating facts.

I love turbine boats and my ride in low altitude this summer just increased my passion even more!

My point was

its strange that multiple turbine boats have burned.....

But overall turbine powered vehicles throughout the world do not seem to catch on fire very often so just because we are passionate about powerboats and read news like this does not mean that turbine powered vehicles are prone to fire...

There are more turbine powered boats then the average person knows exisit....meaning a less percent have actually burned...

I judge the tone wrong so my bad, thought it as more of a bad mouth about turbine boats. You cleared it up with your post.....my fault bud.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not accurate information. Turbine Marine did not just re-do this boat.
We have actually not seen this boat for more then 4 years.
The engines in the boat came from a FAA repair station in the Western part of the United States.
However, all those issues are not important at this point.
Turbine Marine crew is going to go down to the keys to help a fellow boater recover what they can from the salvage. They will be working with the Statement crew
There was no personal injury tied to this accident, and the boat can easily be replaced by Statement Marine if they choose to, in time.

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Whats your point?

Turbine marine just redid this boat and there was big plans for it next year. They are even building another turbine boat as we speak.

So where are you trying to take this?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J Arruda
This is not accurate information. Turbine Marine did not just re-do this boat.
We have actually not seen this boat for more then 4 years.
The engines in the boat came from a FAA repair station in the Western part of the United States.
However, all those issues are not important at this point.
Turbine Marine crew is going to go down to the keys to help a fellow boater recover what they can from the salvage. They will be working with the Statement crew
There was no personal injury tied to this accident, and the boat can easily be replaced by Statement Marine if they choose to, in time.
This is a question for John ( not you Nate you will just get it wrong anyway) is it ok to mix gas and diesel fuel together on turbine engines? Saw them putting 93 Octane in at the lunch stop.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by skate 36
This is a question for John ( not you Nate you will just get it wrong anyway) is it ok to mix gas and diesel fuel together on turbine engines? Saw them putting 93 Octane in at the lunch stop.

Thanks bud.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry, all cats go to heaven!

Glad everyone was safe!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skate 36
Out of my limited turbine knowledge - NO! We are allowed to run 100 octane Low leaded fuel "Av Gas" for a maximum of around 10-15 hours on a one time ferry flight under very strict limitations. No matter what happens immediate rebuild of all the turbines must occur. Now that's not to say these turbines aren't massively tuned differently, and can handle it but to my knowledge it's a no. Also I know from being at the 1000 Islands poker run, My Way has had trucks parked at various stops for more turbine friendly fuel.

To me it doesn't make sense to risk the turbines when they are so expensive to rebuild.

Last edited by Kings11; 11-07-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.