Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Geico gets torched in Key West >

Geico gets torched in Key West

Notices

Geico gets torched in Key West

Old 11-14-2014, 01:15 PM
  #71  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,923
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

In every sport, there's always a player, or a team, that has professional responses, are polite, and are good for their sport. Whether you win or lose, The Geico team always seems to come out with class. For whatever reason, there's always been haters of the Good Guys. Not much anyone has ever been able to do about it, so just wear it with a badge of courage, and also, consider the source.
VtSteve is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 03:17 PM
  #72  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,087
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Hi is the 120 top speed to to prop limitations? sorry but I assumed it would be higher

Amazing race and great driving, thanks for the show
stimleck is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 PM
  #73  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by foxbat
i would suspect the geico team would want the override ability. however, whether mother mercury has seen fit to release ecm coding to the teams that will allow such overrides is the big question.
Didn't Mark do an interview that said if you close the throttle then open it back, as long as it's not a major issue it overrides the system? Only problem is you lose time, speed, distance on your competition as you have closed off the throttles then pinned them again?
Kings11 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 AM
  #74  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 736
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by stimleck
Hi is the 120 top speed to to prop limitations? sorry but I assumed it would be higher

Amazing race and great driving, thanks for the show
LAP Speeds, not "Top Speed".

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Trust me, we would not have been turning 105-114 MPH lap speeds in flat water when we are capable of 120's.
.

Cheers,

Dave
78CIG24 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 07:10 AM
  #75  
Registered
 
Biggus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Naples, Maine
Posts: 6,304
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by VtSteve
In every sport, there's always a player, or a team, that has professional responses, are polite, and are good for their sport. Whether you win or lose, The Geico team always seems to come out with class. For whatever reason, there's always been haters of the Good Guys. Not much anyone has ever been able to do about it, so just wear it with a badge of courage, and also, consider the source.
Very well put. Congrats!
Biggus is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 09:36 PM
  #76  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Betelguese
Posts: 273
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kings11
Didn't Mark do an interview that said if you close the throttle then open it back, as long as it's not a major issue it overrides the system? Only problem is you lose time, speed, distance on your competition as you have closed off the throttles then pinned them again?
correct - he did make this statement. it's very possible this is what happened. i know he had also noted online that on wed race they were in such bad shape for most of the race they were in one motor. but what's i'm alluding to is mercury supplying them with override codes where they can manipulate parameters before the race and override the GM issues if it comes without having to lose 10 seconds with the manual situation. seems mercury has not done so
foxbat is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.