Notices

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's

Old 10-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Doh!, you weren't supposed to notice the dewatering aid, lol
Drain is about 3 inches above bottom of bilge?

I heard that, mine is only about 1" above and I use old t-shirts to soak up any water. I hate rain and I hate my boat to get wet inside ever. Amazing how some people who store their boats outside just don't care about water in the boat. Maybe I am too anal about it but my boats last and are never wet or stored outside. Wish I had another lift and a third bay in our boathouse because if I did it would be in it.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 252 Likes on 138 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548496[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-img_4166.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 932 Likes on 500 Posts

Dumb question but for all of the guys up north........Why don't people build out their basements into a jumbo garage? Engineer the layout so the garage door is in the right spot and the whole basement is the garage. I get the support columns won't allow for large open spaces but surely it would allow a "lane design" so that you still park cars/boats.

This is the idea, just not sure an oceanfront mansion is ideal for storing 20 cars! BTW.....house is not 50 million,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFL6t0vX8o
Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you ask that. Just purchased a foreclosure with the intent to knock it down and do a courtyard style home with a lower garage also. Builder and I came up with a 10' ceiling design. Unfortunately, the city and I couldn't come to an agreement. Total garage space to living space ratio plus a maximum garage limit was not allowable. We have 4 cars, 1 motorcycle for now and trying to make room for a 37 foot boat put us over. Subsequently, we are flipping this house to move somewhere else. It's also difficult to find city property that will have a lateral deep enough for the basement height necessary.

Last edited by abmotorman; 12-08-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dumb question but for all of the guys up north........Why don't people build out their basements into a jumbo garage? Engineer the layout so the garage door is in the right spot and the whole basement is the garage. I get the support columns won't allow for large open spaces but surely it would allow a "lane design" so that you still park cars/boats.

This is the idea, just not sure an oceanfront mansion is ideal for storing 20 cars! BTW.....house is not 50 million,

There are a few houses in Toronto that are set up that way with garages underneath the house. There are also several where the driveway is an elevator and you drive on and it lowers you down to the garage.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 932 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
There are a few houses in Toronto that are set up that way with garages underneath the house. There are also several where the driveway is an elevator and you drive on and it lowers you down to the garage.
This one is a head scratcher!

House has been on/off the market since 2008 and it's gaudy design/decoration combined with a 25 million dollar asking price makes it a tough sell. Oceanfront underground garage is like having a sunroof in your submarine! Last list price was 17.5 million but I suspect it will sell for 1/2 of that number. Too many empty lots in that area and you could build it brand new, your way very easily and probably for less money!

I know of another house builder that built an oceanfront underground garage. He has built more than 50,000 homes in his career and his HOA said no more than a 2 car garage (exterior door can't exceed 2 cars). So he built a 5,000 sq ft basement garage ........with a two car garage door on it! Total a/c square footage is about 7000 sq ft for the living areas of the house so he definitely is a car guy!
Old 12-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my lake house sadly sits on tiny lot so I'll never be able to fit anything big inside. So I said screw it and turned the one half into a bar

Old 12-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Something like this, I call it the bat cave. Not the best pictures but works for storing the toys

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Old 12-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 459 Likes on 207 Posts

Old school! A Banshee and a Pilot!!! cool.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.69476...8i6656!6m1!1e1

I do not know if the link will work, but this house is on my way to work and you can see on the street view, the left side of the driveway goes down under the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.