Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Miss Geico going? Saw a pic of it on Facebook all wrapped up ready to ship
Old 12-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
Miss Geico going? Saw a pic of it on Facebook all wrapped up ready to ship
Unfortunately, there's no class for Miss GEICO in the Qatar Cup. Based on Marc Granet's hints, I believe the boat is going to the Great Race in Trinidad and Tobago.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, concerning Miss Geico I believe you are correct. I saw the boat today on 95 in Fort Lauderdale heading south.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by tzrider
Matt, concerning Miss Geico I believe you are correct. I saw the boat today on 95 in Fort Lauderdale heading south.
Actually, while there is no class for Miss GEICO in the Qatar Cup, I think I'm wrong about the primary Miss GEICO going to Trinidad and Tobago. That could actually be another boat with chartreuse shrink wrap on the stern.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Actually, while there is no class for Miss GEICO in the Qatar Cup, I think I'm wrong about the primary Miss GEICO going to Trinidad and Tobago. That could actually be another boat with chartreuse shrink wrap on the stern.
It's the Platinum, their former boat, freshly rigged and ready to become the new Shaka Laka Boom, for the TTPBA, in Trinidad & Tobago.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I am confused how the classes are going to work. The U.S. supercat entries are all different configurations and the 2 vee bottoms aren't the same yet in the same class . So there is some sort of hanicap system ( not sure how that would work) to even out the field so why couldn't any boat go race?? Not being negative I am all for this race just very confused how it will all work.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
It's the Platinum, their former boat, freshly rigged and ready to become the new Shaka Laka Boom, for the TTPBA, in Trinidad & Tobago.
Having spoken to Marc Granet this afternoon, I was trying to play it cool ... But, Donzi ZX my friend, you are the winner.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flat rate
I am confused how the classes are going to work. The U.S. supercat entries are all different configurations and the 2 vee bottoms aren't the same yet in the same class . So there is some sort of hanicap system ( not sure how that would work) to even out the field so why couldn't any boat go race?? Not being negative I am all for this race just very confused how it will all work.
http://www.qmsf.org/joomla/index.php...news&Itemid=67

Last edited by foxbat; 12-10-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a little confusing but I'm sure once all the boats get there they will figure it out. The XCat class and the US Super Stock class actually don't match up either the engine rules are different. Racing For Cancer and Qatar are the only true Super Boat class..
Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank you are correct. They have a plan and they will put on a great event they are experienced racers and have put on many events. I have an idea about what the Sheik has planned for his guests from around the world and it will be quite a week for those that choose to go.

It's worth repeating...this is an EVENT it will take some fine tuning to create the "perfect race" if there is such a thing. Our job as US racers and fans is to SUPPORT our fellow offshore brothers on their efforts to cross borders and build upon a new venue. Thats all.

The problem with our sport is we tend to tear down anything (or anyone) good that comes along. The Sport of Offshore Racing has paid the dear price of living in shadows of many other sports half as exciting for decades because of it.

Rodricks Marketing efforts at SBI, Sheiks TV Show, OPA's welcoming format and Geico's branding are laying some of the foundation...

Ken Warby ever relevant quote...."How bad do you want it"

Last edited by Maximus; 12-10-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.