From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I have some of these on the back of my cockpit cover. If those are like mine and the plastic backing is exposed on the backside of the cover it will mark up the hull. I had to cut circular pieces of the soft side of Velcro out and adhere to the backside and no more marking from the plastic. Looks good!
Thanks for sharing Knot.
I had the very same concerns so I had the cover guy sew in a 2 inch hem of soft fabric so the Grommets have no contact with my boat.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Jeff, Randy Kent at Marine Concepts here at the lake makes a bunch of high end covers. You can see some of his work on his web site. He has made them for the Nor-Tech CCs and a number of large cats. And you can come visit for a few days when you come up to talk to him. Hope all is going well.
I have seen Randy's covers and they are very nice and all encompassing offering full coverage plus the ability to tow but I bet you he gets 3-4 times what I paid for my cover.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Ron- I did not but I know he could make a sock that would slip over all 3 cowls if I wanted it. Do you tow w/ a sock over your o/b's?
Yes I always cover them. Well worth it.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I have seen Randy's covers and they are very nice and all encompassing offering full coverage plus the ability to tow but I bet you he gets 3-4 times what I paid for my cover.
Your cover looks awesome. Randy's stuff is popular here, and mainly he does fixed covers for boats on lifts. Different market here. I keep my CC on a lift all year and I know Jeff keeps his boats on a lift At his home. Common here. His slide on covers for boats on lifts work great. But as you said, you pay for the convenience. Here is his cover for boats on lifts.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg  
Old 05-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Looks like a quality piece & I understand the application is quite a bit different. Certainly serves it's purpose for the boater who keeps his boat on a lift.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Yes I always cover them. Well worth it.
Ron- Thanks for the GXM-52 Weather/XM Radio antenna recommendation to compliment the other electronics you provided. I'm getting an intermittent signal currently so I may have to mount the antenna on the hardtop after all. I have one more thing I'd like to try before I tackle the hardtop mount.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Filled the boat up to 1/2 tank (135gals) then took it to the scales. My off the cuff guess was 13,500lbs for the boat, 1/2 tank of Fuel, Trailer & Gear. I was close, it weighed in at 14,100lbs. If I lost 100 gals of fuel the boat would weigh in at my guesstimated weight of 13,500 which is close to what it weighed on the tow home from SportBoats.
Weighed the trailer empty today. It weighed in at 2300lbs even.

So based on a combined boat & trailer weight of 14,120lbs and a 2300lb trailer that means my boat weighs 11,820lbs w/ 1/2 tank fuel (135 gals)
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-trailer-weight.jpg  
Old 05-31-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Weighed the trailer empty today. It weighed in at 2300lbs even.

So based on a combined boat & trailer weight of 14,120lbs and a 2300lb trailer that means my boat weighs 11,820lbs w/ 1/2 tank fuel (135 gals)
Nor-Tech literature claims 9k for the boat. Doing the math that number appears to be without power since the engines are 600+ each. Now I know what my boat weighs as rigged. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered

Nor-Tech literature claims 9k for the boat. Doing the math that number appears to be without power since the engines are 600+ each. Now I know what my boat weighs as rigged. Thanks!
Without asking Terry (which I never did) I wasn't sure what the 9000 or 9500#'s published weight represented but like anything else OPTIONS also affect the total. For instance I have 6 batteries & 2 chargers on my boat, 3 engine, 1 house & 2 for the A/C.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the weight of a basic twin engine 34 with no fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.