From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 04-24-2019, 06:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks awesome!! And I really enjoyed reading the info on the trailer build.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Class act all the way around, boat, trailer, and posts. Congrats!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Killer setup Nascat! Congrats on yet another awesome boat. Guess this means its just about time to start the next build. Can anyone say...450 Sport?

John
Old 04-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

To All

As always I am humbled by the many positive comments this thread has received, Thank You!

DoubleRigged- Ron- I'm simply giving credit, where credit is due. You have been involved w/ all 3 builds and I am very fortunate to have had the sales, service & tech expertise you & your Electronics Unlimited Team provided.

BobbyB- You may find some additional info on the trailer build in the Trucks / Trailers forum within the Welcome Broward Trailers thread.

jadento- you cracked me up, building a Nor-Tech 450 would require a substantial PowerBall payout
Old 04-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Michael, you are definitely a class act sir. It's folks like you that make me proud to be a part of our hobby/sport.
Congratulations again on a fantastic boat. Hope to see it in person at some point.

Kelly
Old 04-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Registered

Over the years, I've learned allot from many of the other OSO members and their informative threads.
This has been my way of giving back or at least it has always bee my intention. I have to be honest that it feels awkward at times b/c if taken out of context my threads could be viewed as me beating my own chest, which couldn't be further from the truth.

In addition to my wanting to give back I think my NASCAR career interacting w/ thousands of fans over the years, their many questions and desire to get an inside glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes also inspires me to share openly w/ others.

If I had a $1 for every time a fan asked how do they get the lug nuts to stay on the wheels or what does the driver do if he has to go to the bathroom I'd already have a NT 450 LOL!
I never get annoyed answering the same questions over and over or giving a tour etc b/c I know that ultimately I'm no different than the NASCAR race fan any time I go to the boat show, the boat dealer and or the boat manufacturing plant.
I have sensory overload & I have lots of questions.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaxBoiler
Looks Great NasCat!

have you measured the clearance on the trailer? I measured your last 340 at John’s shop, was about 11’8”
Curious if there is a difference with the 390 and Broward combo.
UPDATE: Floating height appears to be 8’ 6” but I always round up to 9’ just to be safe.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:14 AM
Registered

Nor-Tech offers a power sunshade that extends off the rear of the hardtop. It's very nice but also very $$$$.
I'm sourcing all the components to build something similar to this for both the bow & stern of my boat.

I knew I wanted a sunshade when the boat was in production so I had 4 combo cup / rod holders installed to accommodate the future project.
I spent a good bit of time walking the docks at Fort Lauderdale in search of the Carbon Pole manufactures.
Blackstick & SeaSmart seemed to be the most popular not to mention the most $$$.
That said it's a drop in the bucket in comparison to the cost of a mult-million $$ yacht.
Cost aside (approx $550/ pr) both offer a very nice collapsible pole setup.

I've elected to source and build my own and believe I can do both the bow & stern for about half, Scarab gets $1800 for the option pictured below.
index.html
https://seasmart.it/en/catalogo/prod...m/1/index.aspx

I use a local vendor to build my boat cover, so they will provide the Sunbrella sunshade material & rings & clasps.
I have about $530 in the 4- CF poles, the para cord & quick cleats. My poles aren't collapsible but that's b/c I have space to store them full length.

Pics to follow once complete (mid May)

Attached Files

Last edited by NASCAT; 04-25-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:00 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I like that a lot.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 04-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I've been looking to do the same thing on the back of my boat with the sunshade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.