How not to Turn Stepped Bottom >

How not to Turn Stepped Bottom

Notices

How not to Turn Stepped Bottom

Old 12-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Cool

Id like to critique the Go Pro footage.. put a damn cover on it to kill the wind noise!!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 39' has been popping up a lot lately (videos and pics). I should have went to look at it when it was for sale! Was not crazy about the xr drives if I remember correctly. Anyways I likey!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Id like to critique the Go Pro footage.. put a damn cover on it to kill the wind noise!!
No joke. I wanted to hear the engines but nooooo
Old 12-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
I am not the bashing type, just looking for information. I will be deleting the thread once I figure out how to do this.
Simple then, If you want to turn the way Tres teaches to turn your boat, take his class and find out how and why instead of attempting to do it on the backs of others, The boat on the video was not your boat, not the same length, width, weight, power, bottom etc. Trying to figure out how and why to turn that boat off the a short video and biased discussion on the internet, then trying to put that to use on your boat with passengers is why they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
Huh? Your thread title is "how not to turn a stepped bottom" but instead of critiquing with facts you state that it seems like the boat was going to get loose? Did it get loose or not? The thread title is totally misleading. Totally seems like bashing to me.
I agreee 100%. Maybe the OP didn't meant to be bashing, but it sure comes across that way to me too. Then everyone else jumps on the band wagon. I also know the Driver here, not only has he owned many OL's, I think he owned 3 at one time, 2 for sure and lives in Florida. What I am getting at is he has ALOT of time in these boats running much faster speeds than this video.
To the OP, you sound like someone who needs some training or experiece before you post stuff like this. In your latter post you are concerned about turning at 30-40mph, that shouldn't be concern in any boat. I am not trying to be a hater, just pointing out the obvious
Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Schweet boat !
Old 12-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

less of the two guys up front and more of the hot chic in the orange bikini, just my two cents
Old 12-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is the link gone?
Old 12-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I agreee 100%. Maybe the OP didn't meant to be bashing, but it sure comes across that way to me too. Then everyone else jumps on the band wagon. I also know the Driver here, not only has he owned many OL's, I think he owned 3 at one time, 2 for sure and lives in Florida. What I am getting at is he has ALOT of time in these boats running much faster speeds than this video.
To the OP, you sound like someone who needs some training or experiece before you post stuff like this. In your latter post you are concerned about turning at 30-40mph, that shouldn't be concern in any boat. I am not trying to be a hater, just pointing out the obvious
Agree...I don't think it was intentional but this type of thread can get out of control on this forum, maybe stating something like "is this a good technique?" or similar which would be more like an educational or discussion opportunity would have come off better.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Agree...I don't think it was intentional but this type of thread can get out of control on this forum...snip...
I do. OP chose that derisive title on purpose then back-pedaled upon being called out- classic internet chest thumping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.